"JFA" | Who wrote what parts?

Al Norris

"JFA" is what we, the staff and all the RU authors have called this project. See, the title to this story-arc was not decided until a dew days after it was all written, divided into chapters and each chapter given a title.

Backstory: there were 2 competing chapter titles for each chapter. The series name really wasn't set in stone until we decided the chapter titles. After the authors had decided the chapter titles, the Title for the story-arc was self-evident.

Now here is what I would like to see; can you, our readers, distinguish who wrote what sections of the story?

Actually, no. By sections, I mean just that. 'Course, I'm looking at the entirety of the story, before we all agreed as to where the chapter breaks would fall. Some chapters were written by more than one author.... So sections is a better way to ask the question.

In case anyone wonders, I was the research assistant to the story (a glorified title that means, "gofer"). I was involved in the process from shortly after the start.

• 6 months later...

At a guess, the sections involving Ivan and his family were mainly by Eric Aune.  Roland wrote the parts dealing primarily with Unit characters, and Ken Barber wrote most the naval/air stuff.  All three were involved in the last part, aboard Air Force One.

That guess isn't based on writing style, BTW.  The style was, amazingly, seamless throughout.  Instead, I extrapolated from the predecessor stories as to whom probably wrote what.

A well thought out Extrapolation and accurate. Credit for the seamless flow goes to the editors for the most part. This was a huge a project and had a ton of editors working on it with us. Allen helped a lot during the writing phrase keeping all 3 of us together and moving in the same direction. The rest of the editors really smoothed the story out. 

I would add that remember some of the UNIT characters belong to me, and I also wrote some of the parts about UNIT characters, that belong to Roland, with input by Roland of course.

What I'm really glad to hear is that Wyatt, that you don't base it on writing style.  That is what we hoped.  That it would be seamless between us,, so that everyone's input would flow together well.

Thanks for reading.

I would add that remember some of the UNIT characters belong to me, and I also wrote some of the parts about UNIT characters, that belong to Roland, with input by Roland of course.

What I'm really glad to hear is that Wyatt, that you don't base it on writing style.  That is what we hoped.  That it would be seamless between us,, so that everyone's input would flow together well.

Coolness!  Is Chase one of yours?  He is one of my favorite (and shiniest of) characters.  I really like him, and now that I think of it, it is your stories that have had Christina's team in them.  I don't specifically remember any of them from the CSU, although I haven't finished it either.  Even if not yours originally, Roland has obviously trusted you to treat as your own.  The non-UNIT (yet) Genesis kids would likely be yours (Eve's team).

You guys must have had a co-author relationship to achieve the consistent style, with your editors smoothing things out that you-all might have been too close to see.

Christina and Eve's teams are completely mine, that means Chase too. 

Yes Roland did give me Christina's team and Eve and her team were invented when I started writing Changing Connections.

Ken, Roland and I stay in constant contact when we are working together, especially when we loan each other our characters.  Well we stay in constant contact anyway about all kinds of things.  In this process we've become good friends although long distance. 

We always check with each other to make sure that we have portrayed each other's characters correctly when we write them into one of our stories. 

There is another collaboration that will be posting soon as well.

And yes the editors help it work out together.  In the next collaboration, the editors especially Alan were of immense value in making it come together.  You will see how good he did when you read it.