Geek Squad

Mary

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

I have been waiting ever since it was mention that Scott dropped the camera with Grant's name on it to see what was on it. I knew Grant had left his brother a clue or something.

Really enjoying the rest of the story too. But also waiting to see what happened to Ashwood's son and his boyfriend; both apparently escaped but nothing else has been mentioned about them. Hope they manage to find each other.

After.

But I do not know his status after Joe's announcement of his withdrawal from the Revolutions Universe.

Lawrence pretty much is directly linked to the main antagonist, so it is unclear if his direct involvement ends after Centennial 21, or if he is written out of Centennial book 2 so that he can still impact the shared universe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow!  I had been enjoying Geek Squad, seeing it as a modern day Tom Swift (genius kid(s) adventure) story.  My father had read those when he was young, and I would go on to read many of his books.  Through chapter 8 it lived up to what I was expecting.  Chapter 9 ramped up the excitement to a whole new level, though, and started adding dark elements that the clean-cut Tom Swift would have never had to face.  I've just completed chapter 11, and the darkness elements just kept growing.  We are shown what the "Temple" kids went through as well as the raw evilness of those who work for Ashwood.  Add to that Levi's revelations and hints at the powers beyond Ashwood, and the geeks & friends are not going to have an easy time.

It was interesting to read about some of the ordinary people who supported Ashwood, and why they might.  Bryce's Mexican war turned a lot of folks against him, allowing Ashwood to ooze through the door.

Anyways, thank you Kyle for the exciting ride.  I need to get back to reading.

Thanks, Zergrinch.  I have already read several of the RU stories, but still have a lot to go.  (And they ain't even done yet!)

I'm caught up through chapter 18.  Kyle is a very good writer and has a talent for going from funny to exciting to dark and back, several times in the same chapter.  I'm not sure how all his disparate plot lines will come together, or even if they will.  Perhaps part of his goal is to cover the consequences of Ashwood's and the AoG's actions on assorted folks, some of whom will never interact.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Edited by Wyatt
added acknowledgement of Zergrinch's reply

It's sort of a weird world.  I have made it to chapter 10.  It's like a Tea Party Luddite mated with a gay, Libertarian NRA member and came up with a world view that is intriguing but hard to swallow at times.  It's pro-gay, pro-NRA, anti-global warming, pro-science, strangely pro-Russian, and treats Texas as some sort of progressive bastion, while relegating Minnesota to a sort of backwoods fascism, both of which states are in reality quite opposite those views in my fairly extensive experience with each of them.  ..

I have a lot of the same feelings as scrumrob.  Politically I tend to be liberal/libertarian and find the modern American isolationist/conservative/libertarian view of, say, the Pauls, to be weird.  "Do what you want, unless God has said not to."  Huh?  I also believe global warming is a real thing, with human activity being its root cause.  From a game theory perspective, wasting resources fighting some false global warming scare is bad.  However, if global warming is real, and we are causing it, then doing nothing is catastrophic.

Texas hasn't always been backwater tea-party country.  I used to live there, and Texas would routinely elect Democratic governors and Senators.  It was only in the past 20 years or so, when clearly partisan redistricting decimated Democratic votes, that it became a "red state".

At any rate, the Earth in the RU is not this Earth.  So there, if "RAM News" is actually fair and balanced, hey, I'll just go with it...

• 1 month later...

For everyone's enjoyment from Geek Squad Ch 10 - Alexander vs the Tent!

"Alexander glanced over and started to tell the others what his parents had told him, but this distraction caused the improperly assembled tent to collapse for the second time on him. He started kicking at it while trying for the third time to bend the poles over the top only to have one snap back and catch him in the neck. He roared and picked the whole thing up only to have one of the other poles come out of the sewn in holder and catch him in the shin. Before anyone could react, the entire tent caved in on him, and did so in a way he ended up on the inside of it. It took only another few seconds for fabric to rip and a pole to snap in half."

Somethings are too good to laugh at by yourself!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just finished reading Geek Squad 19a (why the letters now?) and I have to say it's interesting that none of the Geek Squad actually appear through here. If they don't appear in 19b, I'll probably be a little upset ?

The latter half also feels like an exposition dump about the series antagonist. Since this is the only Revolutions Universe story I follow, I'm making the unfounded assumption that the dump is an editorial mandate. ?

When Kyle sent the final version of Chapter 19 to the editors, it weighed in at a little over eighty-six thousand  (86,000) words. In this novel length chapter, Kyle pulls together several of the threads he has woven throughout this story.

It was an administrative decision that not many readers would actually read a single novel length chapter, so it was split into 5 parts. Each part is more or less the size of what Kyle would normally have written for a chapter. Parts "a" and "b" were presented on the special Monday edition and parts "c", "d" and "e" will be available on the normal Thursday update.

Edited by Al Norris

As Al mentioned above, Chapter 19 is all but Book 19. The editorial staff asked for me to put two sections back in that I originally took out because it was getting so long. However, much of this is my own fault because I am trying to edge closer to the timelines of other stories that my characters have or will show up in. Also, if you wanted to know if some of the threads were going to at least touch on each other, this chapter (once all its parts are posted) will answer more than a few questions while opening up a few others.

One other side note: there have been a few people who have suggested I only focus on one race in a world full of many races and social statuses. I am hoping this chapter puts to rest some of those e-mails, but with my luck I will be told I am patronizing and stereotyping other races. If that is the way you see it, then take a closer look at the story and the world we really live in.

I would really love to know at this point, what character is everyone's favorite since by now I feel I have fully developed several outside of the GS as well as pretty much the entire GS.

I have an affinity for Little Professor X, Glenn Oliveiros. It is a shame he takes a back seat in chapter 19 but it looks like the spotlight will soon shift to him.

I confess I don't really much care for the paintball squad, the kid infiltrator, or Officer Rail's entourage. True, they provide an alternative perspective to what is happening elsewhere, and there's a crossover between Rail and EEL, but that's all i see. I have yet to see their significance in the bigger scheme of things. Of course, knowing Mr. Aarons, there's something I'm missing.

Edited by Zergrinch