We're Not Gonna Take It!

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Al Norris's stories can now be found at Al Norris]

NEW STORY!! Part of the Revolutions Universe

Chapter 1 presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/al_norris

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Well, we've been pushing it for a while now, and it's finally here.  Personally, i can't wait to hear what you all think about this latest addition to the Revolutions Universe!

I would like to ask all of our members a huge favor though.  This is a great story, written by a somewhat new author, that still doesn't like to think of himself as an author.  So... would you all please let him know, just as we on the staff have, that he is a good author, and this is just the beginning of a wonderful story!

Alan,

LOVED IT! Seriously, man, you can write! But...why so short a chapter? I have like a hundred questions, so many little hooks dangling in the story. I absolutely loved how you handled the foreshadowing of Lee and Paul's budding relationship in the beginning, filling us in later as to the full backstory. Brilliant! And I'm excited to see how you handle the differences between Lee and Paul. As a fellow computer geek, I can tell you Paul may not have the brawn of mechanic Lee, but he can help in the upcoming fight in his own unique ways. Oh...and not to forget...the tension in the atmosphere around the Ashwood anarchy and its effect on the community. I am already hooked. This is very, very good. And I think you should be posting twice a week, not just once. IT'S TOO LONG TO WAIT!!!!!

Thank you Jack, for the kind words. It means a lot to me, especially coming from an author whom I admire!

Why so short? I honestly don't know. It may be that I will never write those 20K word epic novelas, er, chapters. :newhere:  So far, all my chapters in this story are somewhere around 4K words. Perhaps they will grow, as the characters take more control!

As for Lee and Paul, chapter 2 will give you some clues to their relationship, and where it may go... Or was that chapter 7? :lol:

Al, are you going to alternate between your stories or will you publish chapters of both at the same time? I vote for both at the same time, grin. You have set the stage for multiple threads in this chapter. All of which I want to see more of... Very well done! And don't sweat the chapter size, they seem to know when to end on their own, grin. I'm just glad you are writing!

The way it currently stands, there will be a chapter of each out, (about) once a month. But not in the same week.

A bit of trivia: "We're Not Gonna Take It", is abreviated as "wngti" - as a naming convenience for the website. But once Ken Barber saw it, he immediatley started calling it "wing it", and that name has stuck.

So if you see or hear any of the CR staff talking about "wing it" you will know what they mean... After all, that's how I'm writing it!

A bit of trivia: "We're Not Gonna Take It", is abreviated as "wngti" - as a naming convenience for the website. But once Ken Barber saw it, he immediatley started calling it "wing it", and that name has stuck.

So if you see or hear any of the CR staff talking about "wing it" you will know what they mean... After all, that's how I'm writing it!

We all 'Wing it ' Allen.  I am so happy to see this story on the site.  I have had the honor of being Allen's sounding board from the beginning and am very excited to see the story continue to grow. This characters are going to find a place in all of our hearts

Al, one chapter a month? Heavy sigh... I'm going to build a house in Death Valley so you can't escape, put you, Ken and D'Artagnon in it, to write, grin... Hey, I've been a pain in butt to Ken and Robby about writing, might as well make it a trifecta with you. Now you can sit around and gripe at each other what a pain I am, grin... Oh wait, you probably already have done that, bigger grin... Seriously, looking forward to more!!!

A day off??!!?? I don't remember voting on that! Okay, just this one day, Al, grin... So how does it feel to have people clamoring for you to write? When you win the Nobel prize for literature, I can brag I knew you before you were famous, grin... Hope you have/had a great day off!

See... Mr. AUTHOR Sir...

I'm not the only one who thinks that you really are a ARTIST when it comes being a author... you have proven that to me and now others as we read this story and also your other one... [Thats
"Scireians" to those that do not know...].

So Please Sir... Face your terror... your fear... as Frank Herbert famously wrote...

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
[From "Dune" 1965]

And when you do let it go, you will only find that what is left is the knowledge that your fans [us the readers and other authors] are not standing in front of you BUT beside you and behind you ready to support your every move... word... sentence... Story that you write...

Mr Author Sir.. Write on... Write ON!!!

And when you do let it go, you will only find that what is left is the knowledge that your fans [us the readers and other authors] are not standing in front of you BUT beside you and behind you ready to support your every move... word... sentence... Story that you write...

Yeah, they'll all be standing behind me, all right. With knives, swords and other sharp pointy things!!

You forget... I edit for all those guys!

:smiley-shocked013: