Riposté – Changelings

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of D’Artagnon’s stories can now be found at D'Artagnon]

NEW STORY

Chapter 1 presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/dartagnon

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

About six weeks after the events of Coupe, and already well on their quest to join the Olympic fencing team, we peek in on young Lord Robyn the Blue again.  But as with all things in the Dreaming world, things aren't always exactly what they seem.  New friends, new mysteries and new dangers merge with old enemies and older plots.  The adventure from Coupe continues... now.

Get your goat-pants on, it's about to be a bumpy ride.  Welcome to Riposte - Changelings

• 2 weeks later...

Diner on a boat, a meeting of minds, and the beginnings of an epic friendship.  All that and the mystery of the maps takes a weird twist.  Our boys from different sides of the supernatural universe meet up for the first time.  What happens next?  Riposte - Changelings  Chapter Two - The Tragic Nymph    is next.

Welcome aboard!!

I don't suppose your "bumpy ride" would mean a smooth journey where no one is hurt, no cliff hanger chapters, no dangerous encounters with bad people, no danger of losing life, limb or loved ones and the worst thing which happens is one of your intrepid heroes gets a sliver? Can I sue you when your story causes me a heart attack, grin.....

I don't suppose your "bumpy ride" would mean a smooth journey where no one is hurt, no cliff hanger chapters, no dangerous encounters with bad people, no danger of losing life, limb or loved ones and the worst thing which happens is one of your intrepid heroes gets a sliver? Can I sue you when your story causes me a heart attack, grin.....

Sue? No need to bring the expensive lawyers into it... Why don't you just ask him to mail you his 5 cents? LOL

You have 5 cents in your bank account??? When we bought and moved into our first house together, so many years ago, we had in our bank account, 3 cents. (Long before strict lending rules) That amount had to last us a week until we both got paid again. We lived off rice and beans pretty much, which we had in our apt when we moved into the house. Poor but good times!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you least expect it, reality and dreams can reach out and slap you in the face,  Hard.  And to someone trying hard to hide from both the unwanted parts of reality and the nightmares left unresolved, when it catches up to you, it can really screw up how you look at the most basic of things.  Riposte - Changelings  Chapter 4 - Smoking Mirrors    is next.

It's not the things you see clearly that should scare you the most.

• 2 weeks later...

A shock to the system turns to putting systems to use.  When someone puts it on your doorstep, you really need to know where your friends stand.  And if they're safe.  Riposte - Changelings  Chapter 5 - Gathering Clouds    is next.

*snaps fingers, whistles*   Here Boy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friendship tested by sorrow.  Love tested by tragedy.  The Power of the Tear of Cerulean in the hands of a grieving Robby may be something too dangerous to contemplate.  Is Bedlam, the changeling version of madness, a short trip from anguish, or a fast slide down a slippery slope?   Riposte - Changelings  Chapter 7 - Higher Prices    is next.

Sometimes things happen so, so fast...