Learning to Trust

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Chris The Blizzard’s stories can now be found at Chris The Blizzard]

NEW STORY

After their parent's death more than two years ago, 16-year-old Jason and his younger brother Matt have been navigating their way through the foster-care system. Their new life with the Benets seems to be everything a loving home should be, but, having been burned by the flame before, can Jason relearn how to trust people and let them back into his life and heart?

Chapter 1 presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/chris_the_blizzard

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Chris has handled the urge by Jason to keep distant from people in order not to be hurt anymore but also handles the human need for friendship and belonging and the struggle warring within Jason as both clash within him, with sensitivity. I quickly empathized with all concerned in this story and have enjoyed it immensely so far.

This story is wonderful Really brings to light how children learn not to trust when thrusted into homes of unkown people, especially when some of the homes are not good ones. Jay really messed up in this chapter, but I know him and Matt will make up. That is a tough topic for a child and I can see why he reacts the way he does. It looks like they finally found a good home and trust may not be too far away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh yes... We definitely want more!

Where's that next chapter, so I can read it, then code it, then publish it for everyone else? (as if trying to hurry an author works. sigh)

Just found this one. It's been a year now, so are we gonna be left in limbo? :unsure:

• 1 year later...

The observation of the father (Chapter 2), is a terrific theme, and seems to be the way the story is going. However, the latest chapter was posted in 2015, and the story is "on hold." Disappointing, since it has such potential. I hope someday we will see more.

Here's what the father says:  It’s just really cool to watch, you know. The way the two of you interact.