Brave Lake Manor

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of AB's stories can now be found at AB]

NEW  Story

Chapter 1 now at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/ab

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

AB is one of my longtime readers so I was fortunate enough to read his story before he submitted it on nifty.  Normally I do not read while I am writing because it messes up my own style, but he's been a faithful reader so I sat down to enjoy this sweet little story.  Of course I had to wait a whole week before I was able to go back to my own writing but it was worth it.  I enjoyed how he was able to flesh out his characters throughout the entire story.  There's a lot going on in this little story and I'm sure people will enjoy some of the nice twists and turns.  This is a story worth the read so take a seat and enjoy the ride.

I know AB is currently working on a second story which is going to be different from this first one so it will be interesting to see what he comes up with on his second go around.  Keep up the good work my friend and it is nice to see you joining me here on castleroland.  I only hope more follow here soon.  I noticed that there will be another one of my reader/authors joining me here as well pretty soon with one of his nice series.  My good buddy Douglass DD.  It's nice seeing several authors transitioning over here to this site because it is a reflection of the staff and what they are doing for both readers and authors.

Hunter

AB,

A great beginning to a story that seems to have many paths that it can follow. The characters tug at one's heart and I can hardly wait to see how Peter handles the nightmare jungle of the "Turf Warriors" working for the Welfare Department! I sense something mystical and magical in the setting of the lake and a caretaker who is NOT what he should be. THE PLOT THICKENS!

Charles Bird

SeaBird

Glad to hear that! :D Also when chapter 5 is released I'll create a thread in "ask a character" in the forum. In case you don't know what that is, its a thread where you can ask questions not from the authors but from the character(s) in a story. so if you ask a question like "Hello, Peter how <question>?" I won't be answering as A.B. but as "Peter" role-playing/acting/assuming the personality of that character to answer your question. Of course there might be questions that the character may think too personal to answer or may or may not answer if answering them gives anything of the "future" (next chapters). And of  course they may not be the answers you're looking for or expect them to be, but having done this with Hunter's stories I can assure you it is great fun! :D

Finally, I am all caught up and still loving this story. This is a wonderful job of writing especially since English is not your first language. I am a little sad that you have found an editor as I started making a game out of the misused  words that popped up every now and again. It was like a bonus; I got a great story and a game of stopping to reimagine what was happening by using the actual meaning of the word in place of what I could tell you meant to say.

Keep up the good work (I hope there is a new chapter in the next update; need to know what happened to Ryan and Malthe)!!

Finally, I am all caught up and still loving this story. This is a wonderful job of writing especially since English is not your first language. I am a little sad that you have found an editor as I started making a game out of the misused  words that popped up every now and again. It was like a bonus; I got a great story and a game of stopping to reimagine what was happening by using the actual meaning of the word in place of what I could tell you meant to say.

Keep up the good work (I hope there is a new chapter in the next update; need to know what happened to Ryan and Malthe)!!

Thank you for your words. lol I hadn't thought of it like that, I guess a child at heart will make a game out of everything...I commend you :P:D

Yeah no worries CR has the whole story and will be publishing one chapter per week every Thursday for the next three weeks until its completion.

Keep it going I love the story it's great and thanks for sharing it. you are a great writer.  and I have enjoyed it thus far and love the little twists and plots and all that is going on.   :)

Thank you!! Hehe finished writing this story and writing the second one plus something little extra just for CR :P:D

Glad you're enjoying it this far :)