Kyle Aarons: Ask a Character:

Kyle Aarons

This is a thread devoted to anyone who wants to ask any of may characters any questions-

there is only one forbidden subject: there will be no answers as to what happens next in any stories.

What this thread really strives to do is let you, the reader, get to know any of my characters better.

Keep in mind the time/universe they live in. Kandric, for example will not know what a Radio, TV, or Computer is. Likewise, Dante isn't going to know anything about magic.

Post who the message is for and look for a reply

Dear Premiere Kandric,

Have you any thought as to how you are going to introduce Vondum to Glaster?  For such a little guy, you sure have a pair of problems on your hands now.  

By the way, do you think you can use your Shaman powers to keep this bard relating your story at a faster rate?

Thank you for your time,

Roland's Dark Knight

Roland's Dark Knight,

I am far more worried about one or both seeing me as too much of an adult and wanting to go looking somewhere else. I know them well enough to know they like me and my looks, but both seem to like to dominate and they cannot do so with me. I am thinking Glaster will quickly look for someone else once he sees what has happened with me. I mean we will always be close and I am sure I will sleep with him a few times, but he will find someone else, then what? Vondum, well I have seen what Vondum likes, and I will share his bed many more times, but I cannot fill the role of a boy he can crush the will of. Maybe I can work on him some more and make him want to do those kinds of things less often, but he is like Glaster in too many ways. They want all the control and with me they cannot have it anymore. It kind of makes me sad.

The problem is, I have been lucky or unlucky enough to be in the right  or wrong places at the time where I could do something, and Glaster would have been really angry if I had done nothing so I did what I thought best. Now I have all this... authority... I guess would be the best word. Do you know how much happier I would be right now if I could just worry about Jamon and myself? I do not even want the others, I own them, yes, but... well I would be so much happier if I could just run my new jail business out of Slome, have Jamon with me, and... well maybe one other slave so I could do what I wanted with him and not make Jamon do things he really does not want to do.

as far as making the telling go faster, I have no idea about what you speak. If you are listening to this as a tale in the distant future, I am sure the re-teller is giving me far too much credit. I have done nothing really special up till now. Do you know how much easier things would have been if someone in Slome had just given me a job on the day I was attacked by my now-friend Emroc?

Kandric,

Wilderness Scout

Hey Glenn!!!!

I gotta ask this!  when can we outfit your chair with all the guns you talked about.  I mean really.. what good is something to ride around in if it don't got GUNS!!!!

But seriously, and on a more personal level.  How're holding up with the injury.  I'm sure with all the shit going on right now, you haven't had time to do what you really need to to make sure that you're feeling good.  I really hope this is something that you can get back to.  Remember, no matter what i may say, it's never bad to ask for help from your family. 

Juan,

I'll shoot when I have to but I would prefer to outthink someone. I mean I don't have a body that is good for much but thinking so I may as well use what I got.

Instead of worrying about me, you really ought to be thinking of all those who, like me, need medical help for various things but now can't get the help they need because of Ashwood. At least I have EEL, and I am pretty sure EEL will not let me go without any needed stuff. The same cannot be said for millions who now are stuck at home or in a war zone with no medication and maybe not even power to run needed medical equipment. The sad thing is Ashwood doesn't even care about those like that who supported him. What is wrong with him and those who are helping him cause all this misery?

Rilbur,

I am pretty sure I did just what you are talking about when it came to Porma. You realize the way he bargained for what would happen to Porma was he would be free as soon as he appeared to be the age of ascension, as long as we can keep giving Porma those potions, that will not happen for decades. Sounds like a great punishment to me and I am sure going to enjoy turning the tables on the little jerk. Beyond Porma, however, I really do not want others to take care of my problems. Glaster would never approve. He spent thousands of turns of a time piece and more of his coin than I even want to fathom to train me. I cannot help but feel for me to have Vondom take care of my problems for me would greatly disappoint Glaster and there is a look I would never want to see on his face again. 

Wilderness Scout

Kandric

Admiral Augustus Norris,

Um, first off do you have any idea how nervous I am getting any communication from an Admiral? I mean politicians are easy to deal with, they think in terms of getting ahead by using, abusing, finagling, lying, cheating, and backstabbing just to get ready for breakfast. You military guys are pretty much the opposite you have a real code of honor and care about those you serve with (except a few Ashwoodian military idiots who got rank by sucking up but those are politicians in the military not military men and women.) However, I have never heard of you in political circles before, so I am certain you are not one of those so I don't mind giving you the best answer I can with my very limited knowledge of sonar. Maybe Keith can help me or you can send me some specs on your sonar so I can fully develop an answer at a later time.

Anyway, my fish attractor can, on occasion, be heard by dogs and it tends to annoy them, but the frequency ranges are outside of human hearing. I have never worked with sonar before, but my understanding is the pings are in the human hearing ranges of MHZ, so I don't think the fish attractor will do anything to sonar or with sonar unless you have a computer and sensors to detect sound waves both above and below human hearing ranges. Now if you want to send me something on your fleet's sonar capabilities, and / or want to find a way to negate an enemy vessel from using sonar against you, I will be happy to work on it. I bet there would be a way to identify the exact frequency of enemy sonar then find one that will cancel it out with a directed pulse or by setting the hulls of your ships to hum with a negating frequency. It would sure be fun to experiment on such a countermeasure!

Scott

EEL science contest winner

Scott,

I appreciate your answer and thank you for your kind statements. I am not involved in the political realm of this country other than a dear friend of President Bryce. I am a navy man through and through and my love is the navy and the Men and Women who serve her. I hope you can appreciate this but unfortunatly our operational security will not allow me to send you specs of our sonar equipment. However I am very interested in the concept of negating SONAR Frequencies. I am  carrier officer and was a pilot most of my Navy life so SONAR is not my specialty. I would love to have some of our SONAR experts speak with you at your earliest convenience. 

Admiral "Aggy" Norris.

Admiral Norris,

Once this war is over and we have Ashwood dressed in lipstick, a dress, and long hair and dropped off in some supermax prison without guards, I bet I can get President Bryce to let me aboard your ships along with the other science winners. Since sound waves can be negated by two sound waves occurring simultaneously and having the same intensity and are of the opposite phase they cancel each other in what is known as destructive interference. if done properly the result is silence, thus eliminating the sonar waves. we would just need to design something to find the frequency early enough to produce a opposite phase sound wave before the sonar detects you.

Scott

EEL science contest winner

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Vondum:
1. What's the name of your younger brother?
2. If you can do it all over again, would you still choose the magic items over your younger brother?
3. Just for the sake of asking, assuming that your brother is still alive and you meet on the battlefield, what would you say or do?
4. If it comes down to siding with Monarch against Kandric, or Kandric against Monarch (and ignoring either's ability to vaporize you), who would you pick?
5. How do you pronounce your name?  Von-duhm, or Von-doom?  If it is the latter, you might have a relative named Victor in Latveria.  Like you, he is physically imposing and wears magic armor.

Dear Kaylaria, can you name all your children (including the ones declared non-children), and their fathers?

Zergrinch,

You now, people like you prying into my business just pisses me off, but orders form higher up say to be nice and answer you. I am not sure how this message will get to you or when, but I am guessing there is a magical way I haven't heard of yet. Let me tell you something, though, if you were standing here in front of me I'd have a spiked gauntlet waiting for you...

Anyway, I will be looking for you buddy so check your backside, especially late at night when out alone in some dark alley... now I just need to find some mage to cast a scrying spell so I know what you look like and what part of the world you are in. Remember, Premier Kandric knows how to use the Gate Stones so he can get me close and from there, you're mine.

Now I'll be nice for now and answer your questions:

My brother, well he will probably still answer to the name "Pon", which is what we all called him. His name is longer but I ain't said it for a long time and ain't about to for some strange person using some magical device to talk to me with.

Would I chose the magic over my brother, Yeah, Yeah I would. Hell, if you had spent all that time where I did toughing up your mind and body, maybe you would get it, but nice guys don't get shit in the real world. The strong and hungry do. I saved his life isn't that enough?

My Brother is an old man. Even if he is alive he is noting. Last I saw him he was dressed as a pretty boy for the please of the buyers of the Black Dragon forged goods I helped to make. There is no way someone like that would ever be on a battlefield. Besides I know what happened to the pretty boys, you probably don't. They were sold you see. For the visitors to the Obsidian Fortress don't like goods that are used to the point of being nothing more than a warm hunk of meat on a bed. Most don't make it till their teen years then some wealthy buyer comes along who still sees enough in a boy and makes an offer. Sooner or later the new owner will lose interest in such a useless lump and discord them. By now I am sure Pon is dead or locked away in some Mystic lab churning out petty potions for his wealthy owner.

this fourth question is laughable, only one of those two is good looking and I sure as hell haven't slept with Monarch! Man, get your head on straight. What other answer is there? Kandric is willing to share my sleeping roll again, which trumps anything Monarch can offer!

Finally the name is said Vaughn-'dum: I know nothing about this Victor, but send him my way, I could always use a spare suit of armor!

Vondum

Former Captain of the Guard- Black Rapids

General of the Northern armies of Premier Kandric

Zergrinch,

How dare you ask me about my Non-children? You have no right unless you are from the Alphar Court!

But it seems I am under the same rules Vondum is bound by, which has officially put you on my list as well as Vondum's. How many beings do you want to annoy to this extent, are you even thinking about such things?

So here is the truth:

I was heavy with child, a child I never saw, was never allowed to see back at the Griffin Spires. I was declared a Non-child at that point because I had not formally gone though the Alphar imitation into adulthood yet, was tossed out of the court and had to promise not to use my training or child my father took would be exiled as well. I was told it was a boy, but to be honest I do not even remember the delivery. My Father had a Forget spell cast upon me so I could not even remember having what I was told was a boy. My Father did leave me with the memory of the pain just prior to birth, however, so I am certain I had the child. I also clearly remember being larger than any other pregnant Alphar woman I had ever seen. There were softly spoken snickers that I must have mated with a ogre I was so big around! This child's father I do not speak of. The memory of our love forbids me from giving his name.

I became heavy with child again in a very short time and had the boy within days of arriving in Junsac. This was Conner, now a non-child, but one I am told has done amazing things. How this is possible I do not know, and to be honest do not care. He made his own bed and must lie in it. The boy's father was a Dark Forrest Elf. His name was Cuver; he paid a decent amount of silver to sleep with me. I think he suspected I was former Alphar and wanted bragging rights since he was from a totally mundane line of Elves. Whatever his reason, the coin was enough to get me to Junsac.

The next two are Darmoth and Rathiter, Their father was a River Elf merchant who took fancy to me in Junsac after a few years of living there.  His Name was Scoral. A nice enough River Elf, but mundane as a brick.

Next came Meggie and Gellor, Their farther was a traveling merchant Forest Elf who had coin for me. Since he was the only Elf who was a regular customer, and both my offspring has some of his features, I am all but certain he is their father including his very thin build. Not great in bed, but his coins spent just as well as anyone else who paid for my services.

Finally there is Kandric, father a human miner by the name of Kyvin. The most wonderful being Human or Elf I have ever met. Loved all of my children as his own, and worked till his fingers till they bled to support all of us. He was killed when the mine came down with him in it. I tried, I used everything I had magically to save him and was told that cost my boy in the Griffin Spires his spot among the Alphar, but I failed. He is still under that forsaken hill of copper and tin... Bronze, the metal of the weak. What a waste for such a wonderful man to die to extract what is needed to make it.

There,

You happy now?

Do you have what you are after?

Do me a favor if you are some Ruinseeker trying to trace down my youngsters to ask them whatever you wish to find out. If you find my boy, banished from the Spires, tell him... Tell him I am sorry... But he needs to understand for a chance to save Kyvin, I would do the exact same thing all over again.

Kaylaria,

Elf

Priestess of Vindayin

Priestess:

I apologize for breaking a taboo.  My only excuse is that I have no knowledge of Alphar customs, but I know that it is of little consequence for you.  Again, my heartfelt apologies.

I am an itinerant merchant who traffic in hard-to-find reagents such as dragon parts.  You can imagine my surprise (and I won’t hide the fact – joy) at the mercantile opportunities the events in Bloody Rock have offered.  When the fighting subsides, there is much coin to be made.

The legends of dragon slayers say that the bulk of the magic from a dying dragon killed by non-draconic mortal hands will flow into the hands of the slayer and their kin.  From what I have been able to gather from your village, the slayer was none other than your youngest child, Kandric!

Naturally, because of sheer curiosity I traced the magical bursts that emanated from the site.  One blast traveled south, and split to the southeast.  Another came directly here, and split towards the mountains.  A final blast headed towards Everone.  This was the reason I was so interested in your progeny.

You told me about your children: the banished elf, Conner who was orphaned in Junsac, Darmoth, Rathiter, Meggie, Gellor, and finally Kandric.  If the rumors were true, Kandric was at the epicenter of the blast.  The blast that hit here targeted your two children staying with you, while the one that traveled up the mountain range probably went towards the two youngsters traveling with the caravan that was recently attacked.  That leaves three blasts and your two eldest.

In any case, it is entirely possible I  fouled up the scrying spells, and possibly just miscounted.  Again, my apologies, and I thank you very much for your response.

General Vondum:

After the events of Bloody Rock, I scryed for information to get to the bottom of things (and hopefully earn something in the process).  Reports seem to indicate that your scout and now Premier was at the very center of things.  I naturally focused on keeping tabs on those known to be closest to him.  There isn't a lot, really: his family, his slave, and probably you.

I don’t think you've quite mentioned this to anyone, and my Mindmaster assured me that your mental defenses were too high to retrieve the information from your mind.  However, he had the sense that you had a younger brother while indentured to the black dragons, and you somehow selected magical artifacts rather than his life when you were given the choice.  I honestly don’t know where this came from, other than it was from another being, but your response appears to confirm it.  I did not mean to eavesdrop on your personal life, but I'm afraid that’s what happened.  

The reason I ask the personal questions is because I know a Mystic who was indentured as a boy to the Obsidian Fortress.  He is now a free man, and now plies a trade as a merchant-captain around the Junsac region.  Some details appear to match, but the name doesn't.  It’s sort of hard to remember, but I think his name was something like Pantaloonious or something.  Anyway, something long and hoity-toity.  I don't have a knack for names, unfortunately.

Oh well, it looks like a case of mistaken identity.  I apologize for prying, General.  Whenever you are in the region, please allow me buy you a round or two.

As for Victor, the man is an extreme narcissist and he claims his arch-nemeses includes a man who can stretch and a woman who can vanish into thin air.  Clearly he is not right in the head, and would be no more than a moment’s annoyance to you.  Still, he is quite profitable to trade with, as he likes to experiment with rare magical artifacts that I can sell to him!

Regards,

Zergrinch

Zergrinch,

I am gong to answer for both me an Vondum since he is busy kicking some scaled butt for my son. He asked me to give you a womanly kick in the baby-makers in hopes you don't procreate. (my words, his sentiments)

Do you know the penalties for a Mindmaster scanning someone without permission that his above his or her social cast? You best be really high up there, because you have either directly scanned or had someone scan someone who is Expert Echelon and a captain of the guard, which means he is low royalty on two fronts. I am sure the arenas in Junsac have a cell for you. There is more than one Mindmaster down there sentenced to 40 combats to the death. Should you make it though all 40 you will have earned your freedom, but I do not know where they gate them to after the 40th win.

Now, as for me, maybe I did have another child. Father hit me with a Forget spell after all. However, Kandric will most certainly take exception to you tracing flows of magic he caused since those flows are part of his life force. Did you even think about such things? Do you know there are some who would even say you are treading into the Dark Arts by tracing flows of magic to and from an individual. There are those who can taste those flows, but such skills are treading dangerous into playing with the living side of magic. Once that happens you are playing with fire. It was this kind of magic manipulation which created the goblins back in the time of the Mythlings.

I would have to say it is in your better interests to stick with the Mystical Arts, and away from the Dark Arts. As it is, I am betting reports of this transgression will make it to the guilds and cause some within to find out who you are and keep a close eye on your magic usage. I can only hope so. However, if you ever go playing with my son's magical energies again, for those dragon death power flows are his, I will looking to make sure someone pulls out all your pubic hairs all at the same time. I will then see if Vindayin will be willing to let me give you a full healing so someone can do it all over again.

Do I make myself perfectly clear?

Kaylaria,

Elf

Priestess of Vindayin

The "merchant" read the missive with a grin,
His task to plant the seeds of doubt was done.
The knowledge on the Premier and his kin,
May earn some profit and a bit of fun.

Let guilded fools chase ghosts they cannot find
Or get confused on "trails" he left behind
A bright light casts an even darker shade
If they don't bite, this incident will fade.

Yet finding knowledge comes with steep a price
For now, he'll have to leave behind this guise.
One last response to the priestess he sent
A parcel snuck at night into her tent.

It contains a small crystal and a note handwritten in Elvish:

Crystal.png        My-Best-Regards-To-Vindayin--Zergrinch.p

(P.S. I don't know if you were playing or are legitimately angry, but I'll stop here because my questions were answered and I am admittedly starting to go off-topic... :))

Zergrinch,

Who are you talking to in your post script? What is this mysterious 'you'?

Kaylaria was speaking for both of us, so are you talking to Kaylaria, me, or some voice in your head?

Maybe playing with the Dark Arts has twisted your mind. I have seen it happen to others who meddle in the life forces of magic.

But, hey, if this is what is starting to happen, you have only yourself to blame.

Last but not least, what is "off topic" supposed to mean? You must have a much deeper agenda if you are trying to narrow your focus to such a extreme.

now my turn:

P.S. I see guess you don't have the guts to ask Kandric a question, why is that?

Vondum

Former Capitan of the Guard- Black Rapids

General of the Northern Armies of Premier Kandric

The man snickered upon reading Vondum's reply.  He is getting increasingly desperate in fishing for information.  That much was clear as he was now throwing outright insults, hoping to provoke a response.  To send a direct reply would be near-suicidal.  Two direct replies was bad enough, but three?  That would allow the man to trace him, no matter how well he covers his tracks.  As confident as the sorceror may be with his skills, a confrontation with an Expert Echelon-level swordsman will probably not end well.  

Even if he could prevail in a direct confrontation, Vondum had friends.  Powerful halfelf friends.  As tempting as it is to probe Kandric for information, this would have to wait until the changeling can establish a new guise.  Kandric probably had better things to do than reply to random questions -- and he would be especially on guard if his mother and comrade had given him warning.

It's a pity though, he would miss the merchant.  This guise provided a warm and comfortable life.  But it was time to cut and cut clean.  Soon there was no trace that the travelling merchant even existed, save for a sketch left behind in his Slome residence.  

Vondumsoft.png

OK,

Fine,

I am going to speak up for the countless others who no one seems to care about. Here I sit thinking someone is going to actually ask me, an all but unknown, a question for the world to see so I get noticed as someone other than a kid the Grenadiers pulled off the Wagon PLC, but nope. Hell you all don't even care about all those you know well, why would I expect little ole me to get any notoriety. I guess it just sucks to be me all the way around, and I bet there are hundreds of others who feel the same way, hoping beyond all hope someone takes notice of them and asks them just one little question.

Stasik

Former Quaker VII Command School: Frame Pilot Cadet

Adoptee of Mr. Kollan of the O'Connell Grenadiers.  

Hiya EEL Science WInners

I wanted to know what sort of cool things do you have planned for future inventions.  I like science best in school, but the ideas that you guys came up with just blew my mind.  Do you have plans to improve each others stuff, maybe work together?  Is there anyone that you don't get along with?  Was it easy making friends with guys from all over the country?

My dad thinks that EEL is working for the commies, whatever that means.  I think that he talks a lot like the guys around our president, kinda crazy sometimes.  I'm gonna enter the science fair in my school this year.  I'll send you what my project looks like when I get some more work done on the motor.  BTW, the robot fights were awesome this year.

Thanks, and congrats, dudes!

Max Perault

Max,

Steven here.... You know sometimes being elected as the leader is no all it is cracked up to be, but as soon as the others saw this was addressed to all of us, I had seven, eight including Joey, fingers pointing at me. Geesh... Here I am the kid who is not in any high fancy honor roll advanced classes answering for guys who can run mental circles around me in most areas, talk about not fair!

Anyway, we have discussed several things and I know Glenn's chair is already upgraded since I gave him the darts and we are working on way more for it. Glenn is also working hand in hand with Ricky on making his 3D game projector thing even better, but I have not even seen it yet. Of course I am about the worst with Ricky's Mass-Hack, so I really need to focus in on it a bit more. Besides sitting at a table and playing games really ain't my thing. (I think I am about the only one of the kids who uses words like ain't so I tossed it in here cause I could... I am sure the walking dictionaries of Justin, Glenn and Keith will point it out if I don't do so first, so there guys, you can shut up about it now)

As far as the future, how about living? for me that is a good start an then comes getting Ricky up and walking again. It sucks he has a broken leg at this point. There has to be a faster way to heal broken bones. Maybe EEL will let me work on that at some point.

By the way, Alexander wants to know what planet your dad is on, cause it sure as &()%$#@!# ain't ours. (What Alexander said would probably get both of us fired if I typed out his words to send out, so I will leave the actual words to your imagination) But anyway, what world are you living on Cause ain't the one I am on. Without EEL the world wouldn't have many of the clean energy tech and Ashwood would be a great deal stronger. He may have even won the election. If you want, let us know where we can find him... then again, with as angry as Alexander looks, that would not be a good idea...

To be honest, we all get along pretty well but Joey is older and kind of clingy to Mr. Triumph and as much as I hate to say it I have no clue at all about Craig. He Glenn and Justin seem to be fine and Justin is really taken a strong liking if not more to Craig, but most of the rest of us see Craig as more of a brick wall, a feelingless (don't think that is a word, but not going to ask) mass of... saying he is human is giving him a lot of credit to be honest... But damn, he has taken two bullet grazes and is almost eager to take more. He also risked his own skin to save all of ours. Without the Texas Ranger going up to show him how to get back to us he would have died, or would have been stuck out in all that... death... and he didn't seem to care. That still has me creeped out a bit.

As for entering in a science contest, go for it. there is nothing wrong with working the brain. It is only as strong as you make it. Without work it will atrophy just like all those fat kids I see in school letting their bodies go to the poop pot while they shove grease and sugar in their mouths then refuse to get up and do anything other than play on their PlayStations.

Hope that answers most of your questions, but next time address it to one of the others or all the others except me. I am really not the best one to be answering messages.

Lady Kaylaria,

Yes, i think it is proper to call you 'Lady' now.  What i really wanna know is... i know it was beyond difficult to raise your children the way you have, especially knowing that there was a better way of life that you could have easily given them, if it were not for your father.  Most people would probably speak poorly of you, but i have a feeling that you don't care much for what others say.  but, that is for another conversation.  What i would like to know is this.  if you had the chance to say anything you wanted to your father... what would it be?

Obviously, you have proven him wrong with what your children have accomplished so far, but, given the chance, would you demand your place back in the royal court, or have you grown used to life that you now have, and would not wish to go back?

I think that's more than enough for right now.