Resistance

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Rilbur stories can now be found at Rilbur]

Resistance is the story of resistance fighters in and around the Ashwood controlled area city of Charleston, West Virginia. It focuses on Mathew Peterson, a college student who doesn't seem anything special, until his unflinching will, steadfast resolve, and absolute determination makes him a special pain in the rear for Ashwood's forces.

http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/rilbur

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Recently read all that has been posted, and hope there will be more. It's a good story and fits nicely into the universe. All the writers must be commended for the seamless integration of these stories.

I'm working on Chapter 8; I've recently gotten the pieces I need to work it into the overall universe properly, now I just need to take the time to figure out what to do with 'em.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you Rilbur, for writing another piece of the Revolutions Universe.  It is nice to have a view from within deep Ashwood country.  I have read thru chapter 7 (all that is currently available).  Although I was expecting a slightly more fantastical story, your characterization is strong, and there would be ordinary people fighting for their country.  Looking forward to see what happens next.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 10:20 PM, Rob_W said:

I notice that this story reports that it's on hold... Do you know when we might see additional chapters?

Good story.!

Thanks

Rob_W

I'm poking at it.  As I've stated in another thread (and will probably again), I moved into a new phase in my life a few years ago, and started running into genuine financial stress.  Unfortunately, that kills my ability to write.  I've been living with a feast-or-famine workload for a while, and that's interfered with my ability to write.  I'm either too busy to write, or too poor to concentrate.

Of late, I've started to make progress in finding a better balance, and a better stream of income-producing jobs, so I'm starting to get back into writing.  We'll see if this continues and actually produces anything.