Blind Sensations A New Adventure

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Ricky stories can now be found at Ricky]

Further adventures of Jamie and Miles

Story Completed http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/ricky

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Note to the editors:

Blind Sensations A New Adventure chapter 4

"Miles explained all he could from the dream and then he added, "When Jamie touched me, I saw us in London. Call Uncle Cavendish and see if we can stay with him. I'm sure he will let us. He's always liked Charlie. Book a flight for us as quickly as possible. First class, of course."

Charlie stood up and paced for bit, his hand on his chin, thinking. He stopped, reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, pushed #1 and waited.

"Yes," came the familiar voice on the other end of the phone.

"Charlie is in trouble. I have information to help find him. Have someone call me. This is Chet." "

You got the wrong name there. It is Chet not Charlie.

• 5 months later...

Note to the editors:

Blind Sensations A New Adventure chapter 4

"Miles explained all he could from the dream and then he added, "When Jamie touched me, I saw us in London. Call Uncle Cavendish and see if we can stay with him. I'm sure he will let us. He's always liked Charlie. Book a flight for us as quickly as possible. First class, of course."

Charlie stood up and paced for bit, his hand on his chin, thinking. He stopped, reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, pushed #1 and waited.

"Yes," came the familiar voice on the other end of the phone.

"Charlie is in trouble. I have information to help find him. Have someone call me. This is Chet." "

You got the wrong name there. It is Chet not Charlie.

Thanks for the catch! I wonder why I'm not getting the email tickler for the forums. I'll have to check my profile and see if I can figure out why.

Thanks again! I would like my stories to be as clean as possible. I'm profoundly dyslexic and it shows itself in names the most. You rock.

John

aka Ricky

• 3 months later...

The movie, "Steel Magnolias," is based on a stage play that takes place entirely (or at least almost entirely) in the beauty shop. Watching the movie, one can see and hear the difference in the flow of the dialogue, the repartee in those scenes as opposed to the added scenes. The "stage dialogue" flows quickly without being abrupt, smoothly without being dull.

I see the same thing in much of Ricky's works, but especially in this particular story. He has a gift for dialogue that comes through and makes the story fun to read, even in the unfunny parts.

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" is often held up as a the pinnacle of dialogue. I have no compunction against comparing Ricky favorably to Edward Albee.

Thanks so much for those glowing words. Approval alone from such a distinguished author as yourself always staggers my mind. I'll take it wherever I can get it. But to be compared to a literary work such as "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" is beyond my vocabulary. Thanks for that. I'll try and temper my ego by remembering that most anything that was required reading in English class was like dining on dry toast with saltines to wash it down with. and hope that mine would be more fun to read in English class.

Thanks again, you've made my day.

Jamie13, I am curious. Are you following certain authors and their stories? Or are you also looking into some of the other authors and stories we host? I ask, only because I would like to get a feel for what our members are looking for or want when they visit our forum and main story website.

I look at a variaty of storys not specific authors  and I do follow the ones that really catch me I'm big in like sci-fi fantasy stuff but I also like stories about other things good adventures as well as some of the ones like days of N  Thats kinda why i mentioned in the comment section about coming up with some sort of way of sorting the story by genre  I know they are all fiction even when based on a reality  but they need to be better defined  it just would make life much simpler. Like I'm more into the stories involving more teens and stuff then say adult youth type things. though I read those as well.  I've found some stories to tough for me to read due to my dyslexia and longer paragraphs. but I've very diverse in reading I love to read and I try checking out all the stories I just wish they would under titles just put like simple letters saying like SFF or Ad or PA  for like knowing what it's about sometimes even the synopsis doesn't really tell what a story is about till you start reading it.   I do follow some stories yes like d'artangon  his are right up my sci fi fantasy level which I love  Call me a bit nuts but as peter pan would say "I do believe in fairies."   I guess i look at it as every myth and legend had to start with some fact.  Hope this helps but yes I do look through most stories if they grab me I keep reading if they don't then I tend to stop.  If it's to technical then it loses me.  but I do try looking at what every author has posted here. 

I love d'artangon too. I just wish he had an easier name to remember. I have to look every time I want to spell it. It's a dyslexic issue for me. lol there are a few words I have to look at every time. That's one of them.

Love his stories. I have only one complaint about his work.

There just isn't enough of it.

yeah I am waiting to see this all tie together into the war i see coming :)  So he needs to get busy!  LOL 

I KNOW! I've been telling him the same thing. I have NO idea what could be keeping him. I mean that "life" excuse only goes so far. Priorities!

Just an "in the moment" update -

My mom is in a rehab hospital after having her 6th back surgery Saturday before last.  She's okay, just has a long battery of antibiotic infusions before thedoctor wll release her.  She's especially ticked off about this because...

Yesterday after noon my niece underwent Ceasarian Section delivery of our newest family member, Irene Rose O'Neil, who through fortune of her initials has earned the nickname IRON baby.  Mother and child doing fine. Proud papa didn't pass out in the delivery room ($20 bet out the window there).  There are likely tons of facebook and other pics since we all ignored hospital rules and had cell phones going while they weighed her and all of that post natal medical schtuffs.

I have been feeling horrible lately.  Dunno why  Body just feels like hell,  aches and pains out of no where, don't want to be touched at all, which led to an arguement with Benjikat the other night.  I still don't know why i was such an ass to him.  We've talked it out, just a rough patch that happens sometimes. 

In the notes that really matter, working simultaneously, on different days on three writing projects for when Lost Boys and WIO reach the end of currently completed chapters around the end of March.  There is one project I really need to get to once the current ones reach natural conclusion.  The new Max story is taking shape and should be a real departure from the original one.  A Castle roland exclusive three part story is working through part two right now, working title is The Diary of Alex the Great, and it takes a very different look at young guys and their emotional, social and sexual development.  Ken and a few of the admins have seen part one and while I have my reservations, they seem to think it worth putting out there.  We shall see.

The much agonized over Riposte needs to go through the Edit/Code process (for those who've read the current stories on other sites, i've been cleaning up typos and adding parts to the new postings as they come up, so there are subtle differences). And yes, Jamie, that means the much hinted at Riposte - Chapter I (pronounced aye) is soon to be released.  Along the way, I hope to bring interesting Codicil bits out here and there.  There is one, maybe two other "Canterbury Knights: The Boys of Summer" stories that need to get out of my head and onto the page.  "CK: Heroes of the Fall" series is shaping up.  And then there is the hinted at Bloodlines project that needs my attention as well.  That one is scheduled tentatively for an April release, although nothing is set in stone there yet.

Just an "in the moment" update -

. . .

Thanks for the update. Hope your mom gets back on her feet soon. Best wishes there. Congrats on IRON baby!

Sounds like you have a full plate. As for the body aches, this may be something, maybe not but when I gave up sugar for sucralouse all those muscle aches that make it hard to get up, hurt to the touch and so on went away for me. And when I eat something with sugar I feel it the next day. Give it a try and maybe it'll make a difference for you. Maybe not. It took 3 days before I really noticed a difference. Just a thought.

Be well my friend. Love your stuff.

As Tigerpaw always tells me family first !  I've waited this long i can be patient.  Congrats on the new family member hope mom does well, know what you are going through my mom just had hip surgery and now has hospital induced pneumonia. My father has had three back surgeries so I understand that as well. He is looking at a fourth very soon. He is also having issues with a kidney stone which they may need to blast with ultra sound. My foot finally healed up from the severe frostbit I had though I have no toenail on my big toe yet it may or may not come back.  

So YES I do understand and Always Family first! That is one thing I was taught after getting out. So that's what comes first for me which is another reason you may not see me post a lot. For days or even  weeks.  

All my thoughts to you and your family.  And I'll wait on the elusive I :)  Take care and don't bust ass for anyone!  Rule number five.  Rule number nine is always carry a knife!  Rule number one is always keep the number six chamber empty on a six shooter and leave the hammer on that chamber, if you can't do the job in five shots then you need more practice :)  

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to say thank you for both of the "blind " series ! It was fresh, Fun & exciting all in one . Would love to see  a 3rd blind series if you have the time & inkling to do , But I appreciate all that you write and share with us here . 

Cheers,

.              Johnny C 

11 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

I just wanted to say thank you for both of the "blind " series ! It was fresh, Fun & exciting all in one . Would love to see  a 3rd blind series if you have the time & inkling to do , But I appreciate all that you write and share with us here . 

Cheers,

.              Johnny C 

Hi Johnny C, so glad you enjoyed them. I have so much going on atm that I barely have time to write my name. I hadn't planned a revisit but I'll consider it. When I have time right now I'm working on something for the RU. If you haven't read any of the Revolution Universe you're in for a treat. Just go to the library page and at the bottom it has a link for stories by universe. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment. I means a great deal to me.

Cheers

R