Escape & Evasion

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Roland’s stories can now be found at Roland]

Roland

Escape & Evasion

A new Revolutions Universe Story

Chapter 1

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Hello Roland ,

.     Thank you for this 1st chapter of many I hope , It got my attention real quick reading the first few paragraphs of it tonight . I truly appreciate the time you take to write all your adventurous stories and sharing them with us . Anything in the Revolution Universe series constantly has me thinking about Numb Nuts in Office & would he morph into Asswood ? , Just a scary nightmare there,

Cheers,

.                 Johnny C 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 1:36 AM, JohnnyC said:

Hello Roland ,

.     Thank you for this 1st chapter of many I hope , It got my attention real quick reading the first few paragraphs of it tonight . I truly appreciate the time you take to write all your adventurous stories and sharing them with us . Anything in the Revolution Universe series constantly has me thinking about Numb Nuts in Office & would he morph into Asswood ? , Just a scary nightmare there,

Cheers,

.                 Johnny C 

A case of life imitating art maybe?

I recently went back and looked at some of the notes on Ashwoods actions when he first became President and I got to say its pretty f'ing scary how similar they are to our current RL President.

This story is one of my favorites of Roland's. The format and style are gripping. Love the journal entries as well. A window into to characters mind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that the return of Adam is most certainly the correct move in terms of plot, drama, and story development. I act as interlocutor for a large, international group of readers who read a broad spectrum of light to moderate gay stories, but who have in many cases become hooked on the Revolution stories hosted by Castle Roland. It is not an exaggeration to say that the "death " of Adam was the storyline blunder of the decade as far as readership numbers was concerned. Within two weeks our local network leaders showed interest in all stories linked to Norris, Bryce, etc to have plummeted over 75 per cent overall. 

It will be interesting to see how well erstwhile readers will take to this resurrection.

Overall, as you know from my earlier mails, I think you're doing a fine job. I only wish you could kidnap the current inhabitant of the White House with the ease that your men took In the poseur and delivered him to the USS Ronald Reagan!

But then, maybe you don't.

Ubarikiwe

Adam

It is somewhat interesting that in this "large, international group of readers" there was no one who was familiar with the aspects of the concussive (overpressure) effects of being in the purported blast zone. That the discovery of only a couple "pieces" of outer armor, definitively proved Adam and Bucky were dead (just where were all those bloody and charred pieces of meat?). Circumstantial evidence at its best!

Regardless, since the purported readership "plummeted" by over 75 per cent, the immediate assumption is that this reader base was more interested in the UNIT than in the Revolutions Universe as a whole.

Having read what you wrote several times, it appears that a long thought out plot point to show that the RU is a thoroughly bad place to be, worked. However it would seem that, as a group, your readers don't want to deal with such a dark place.

Sorry, but in the RU, fluffy bunnies end up in the evenings stew pot.

I almost didn't read this story because I wasn't sure I could add yet another RU story to my list to keep up with but when it stopped at three chapters and I learned Adam and Bucky appeared then I gave in. I read the whole thing in one night and I'm glad I did. I expect Sheldon and Terry (and others) from this story will show up in Roland's main RU story.

I had wondered about the actual demise to Adam and Bucky when there were no bodies or body parts to be found. If it was just Adam I would have thought the AOG took his body to experiment but they wouldn't have needed Bucky.

Thanks for this story, Roland.

1 hour ago, Jeikor said:

I had wondered about the actual demise to Adam and Bucky when there were no bodies or body parts to be found.

That right there should have been the trigger for everyone to really wonder what was going on.

Blood, guts and gore are no strangers to the RU.