Ashes of Fate: Season 3

Castle Herald

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2017 at 9:45 AM, Al Norris said:

Is anyone following this story?

I dunno... Just finding it hard to believe that no one has made ANY comments after essentially 31 chapters!

This is the story which has received the lease attention of any of my works. I've never known why, because none of the few who read it and then stopped ever bothered to tell me why they stopped.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:49 PM, Wolfhighlander said:

Just finished it.  Very enjoyable

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:40 PM, Al Norris said:

I'm guessing that there is no accounting for the various tastes of the audience.

Shame really. It is such a good story.

I do appreciate that, Al. I know you went through a lot to get me to bring it here, and I'm glad at least several people were able to enjoy it.

On 4/14/2017 at 3:17 PM, Jeikor said:

I am sorry, Cynus. I had read this story and enjoyed it very much but was quite busy during that time and did not post on the Forum as I should have.

I particularly liked the end where the goblin was waiting on them with the two Phoenix eggs.

Thanks, Jeikor. I really didn't feel so bad about it anymore. I'd given up on this story attracting readers a long time ago. It's just not most people's cup of tea, and that's okay. I'm glad you enjoyed it though. Thanks for the encouragement.

• 11 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 6:17 PM, Cynus said:

This is the story which has received the lease attention of any of my works. I've never known why, because none of the few who read it and then stopped ever bothered to tell me why they stopped.

The story still has readers -- I just completed reading all three books in about 4 days.  So few people comment nowadays.  It is a shame.  Providing feedback to the authors is such a low repayment for the enjoyment they offer us freely.

I don't know why Ashes of Fate has received the lowest attention.  It is a very well written and engaging story.  Great characters, wonderful narrative, and very well written.

There was one plot element that I lost track of.  At one point Peter's cat was able to be used by Oberon to spy on the others, and I don't remember the team being informed of this, or the cat being released from this psychic connection. Maybe I just missed it.  Perhaps Puck released her on one of his free-will visits to the group before they went to Avalon.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:24 PM, Wyatt said:

The story still has readers -- I just completed reading all three books in about 4 days.  So few people comment nowadays.  It is a shame.  Providing feedback to the authors is such a low repayment for the enjoyment they offer us freely.

I don't know why Ashes of Fate has received the lowest attention.  It is a very well written and engaging story.  Great characters, wonderful narrative, and very well written.

There was one plot element that I lost track of.  At one point Peter's cat was able to be used by Oberon to spy on the others, and I don't remember the team being informed of this, or the cat being released from this psychic connection. Maybe I just missed it.  Perhaps Puck released her on one of his free-will visits to the group before they went to Avalon.

I really appreciate this comment, thank you. I'm glad that it still finds fans, and I hope it always will. This story was quite important to me when I first started it.

Who knows? Maybe one day it'll snap back when some very enthusiastic readers find it buried in the internet and they share it with all their friends? :P

Ooh... I honestly don't know on the Tiger. It's probably just somewhere that I slipped up with my plotting.