You Can't Go Back

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Eric Aune stories can now be found at Eric Aune]

Eric Aune

You Can't Go Back

Short Story

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Hello Eric , 

.     It was a fantastic story , I love the Brother's love & caring shown here too . Loved reading about Jake also , Hoping to see He & His Son and Grandfather back using some Indian magic ! Thank you for sharing this gem with us.

Happy Holidays ,

.                          John C 

As the story could be expanded to a full book and more. I hope you will resume wrighting more chapters. Not often do you get such a remarkable story. With your skills you could make this an outstanding si-if novle. The story is open to such an idea. As a si-fi fan and one that so enjoy vampire stories. I hope you think about it.

All I can say is Wow.  I'm completely blown away that you would say that.  As I said, I meant this as a one off short story.  I will take what you have said under consideration about expanding it.  But first I have to figure out what I want to do with it and where I want to go with it.  Thank you so much for your kind words.

Eric, I have to agree with Jay. This story could easily be expanded. I loved reading it. I am amazed that we have at least five stories with or about vampires and they all have a different take on them. All five are enjoyable reads (at least I hope mine is).

I would love it if you did turn this into a series.

Now will somebody tell which story Jake is from; I haven't read that one of Eric's yet.

I have to say I  gob smacked (No I am not British, I just play one at the Renaissance Faire), but that is the best description of how I feel from what I have gotten from all of you and by email from readers of this story.  I just looked at it as a simple short story, but so many want MOOOOORRREEE!  (Mr. Bumble).  As I have said to some.  For me to write more on this, I have to figure out where I want it to go.  Thank you all for the kind words.

You have the skills and the mind to do this. I can see you making this a smashing hit like "Gone from Daylight". You can make this the next "Dummerboy" on CR. If you realy want to. You just did not know how realy good this short story of your was. Well I can see I am not alone. Thank you so much for letting us read the  begaining of an awsome hit.