Weightless

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Cynus stories can now be found at Cynus]

Cynus

Weightless

It's All in The Family

Chapter 1

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

15 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

Cynus,

Thank you for this latest chapter ! Clint & Zane are a real cute couple  right now & I love all the background history on Zane's parents too,

.    Cheers,

.           Johnny C

There's plenty more to come. Thanks! :) I especially appreciate knowing that the background history is helpful, as it's always good to know what elements work in a story and what doesn't. 

I had to go back and reread this chapter.

This strange thing between Zane and his father has me really puzzled. Add to this sense of the unreal, Clint doesn't seem to be taking Zane's problem seriously enough.

Oh, I get it. From Clint's POV, both he and Zane are out to their family; what more could be wrong? Clint simply doesn't have the experience of a parent that refuses to care for their children. It's a very hard thing to try and understand. Especially since Zane is not really being honest with himself. The almost clinical detachment Zane displays as he tells Clint about his dad, doesn't lend well to showing Clint just how much this is affecting Zane.

It's a defense mechanism for Zane. I get that. But it's not honest.

I just keep getting this sense of foreboding.

When I read chapter 7, I was all kinds of emotional. Both over what Zane said and how Clint reacted. I just knew that the Clint of Fearless would Do Something and get to the bottom of Zane's inability to cope with his Dad (the apparent source of Zane's problems).

This chapter leaves me kinda cold. Not sure of how I view it. Clint's reaction, to me, seems to be off... Doesn't seem to be the same Clint I had come to know in Fearless.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cynus ,

This final chapter was very moving & sincere in many ways . I appreciate you sharing your own thoughts with us afterwards .

Hugs & A Kiss on Your Forehead from me too,

.                     Johnny C 

PS: You had me in tears at one point ! JC