Seeking Content Editors

Zach Caldwell

The Castle Roland Editing Team is looking for some new content editors to assist us in clearing a backlog of story chapters.

If you are interested in helping us to edit the chapters for various stories then please contact myself or any member of the Admin staff. Feel free to post to this thread.

When responding please share with us what experience you might have in editing and or what skills you feel you can bring to our team.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

• 6 months later...

While tempting, I'm not sure I would be a good editor.  I can be a great proofreader, but I tend to be a bit harsh with some of my commentary.  I have some higher education in both English and in Creative Writing, so I do have a little bit of knowledge of the subject.  The problem is, I tend to be a tad picky on what I read.  I love reading stuff here on the Castle, but I don't really care for every author or storyline, so I only ready certain authors and certain stories by those authors.  There are a few exceptions to this.  I have read all of Wolfwalker's stories except one I think.  I have read everything by Kyle Aarons.  I have read a few by Rilbur and most of Roland's stories.  I have also read most of the Haven Universe stories as well.  

Unfortunately, I have found what I would consider to be really simplistic errors in spelling and grammar in all of them.  Not intentional, or in quoted dialog, either!!!  Also there seems to be a lot of use of homonyms.  For example, Kyle tends to use "ruin" when he means "rune" and "rouge" when the context seems to infer "rogue" would be proper.  

And for Daryl,  comma's are so blase.  I prefer semicolons.

Just my 2 cents.  If I haven't scared you off, feel free to contact me.  

Roger

While tempting, I'm not sure I would be a good editor.  I can be a great proofreader, but I tend to be a bit harsh with some of my commentary.  I have some higher education in both English and in Creative Writing, so I do have a little bit of knowledge of the subject.

Oooh, I'm getting tingles -- the good kind.  Maybe I should let you have at my NaNoWriMo effort this year (if I actually do one) before I let anyone else at it...

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, I'm getting tingles -- the good kind.  Maybe I should let you have at my NaNoWriMo effort this year (if I actually do one) before I let anyone else at it...

To give you a rough idea of what sort of mind I have, here's a little something I would like a few others to consider doing.  

One of my assignments for Creative Writing was to write a short, 3 paragraph essay that explained in simple terms the difference between wisdom and intelligence.  I wish I still had it so I could let everyone read it, but talk about a real pain.  It had to be done off the cuff, with a 45 minute time limit, without any reference material at all, other than memory of various instances through history of people showing one or the other.  It had to be exactly 3 paragraphs, with proper sentence structure and paragraph structure, proper grammar and punctuation, and above all, it had to be believable.  

The one thing I can remember about one of the examples was a reference to the Wright Brothers.  Intelligence was their ability to take a bunch of spare bicycle parts and make a working aircraft out of them.  The wisdom was the fact that they understood that it was actually possible to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

if you want it backwards for lysdexics I can help "_ hehehe  sorry I have a very warped sense of humour :)

as would be expected from the royal squirrel eater :P

Hey also between a joke and seriousness if you guys get another author from Greece who would like to publish in Greek lemme know I'll proof him :P 

• 2 years later...

While I have not read all the stories on this site, I do have a eye for content and some grammar issues. Not that I am a grammar Nazi or anything. I do enjoy the revolution universe as well as the Kandric and Destiny universes. I wI'll as learn other stories as needed to look for content issues. I am willing to help.

Kaius