Drummer Boy

Castle Herald

You could well be right, Jeikor.

When Thomas makes it back and reports to Wellington, Selwynn will have a sentence of death hanging over him. It's entirely possible that a Bill of Attainder be drawn... That would mean that Selwynn's properties could be forfeit and his children thrown in prison for his crimes against the Crown.

Arthur,

I can't wait to read this story but to be honest, would rather wait until it is finished to read it. It appears so well written and crafted that I don't want the interruption of waiting for new chapters to spoil me savoring the read. If I may ask, do you know how many chapters are in the story yet or are you still working as you go?  Thanks!

I can not see an end to this story for a long time. Author has a hit why end it to soon. Unless a book 2 is in the works. I think the wait to see the next chapter is part of the fun. So waiting to the end  may not be the best. Enjoy it as it comes. If I was younger I would love to own the movie rights. Whom evet dose or will will be very lucky endeed. Castleroland nor Author should end this anytime soon. Without this story I do not think I would have found this wonderful site. It has made so many come here to read the next chapter. They like myself have fallen in love with castleroland and all of its wonderful stories here.

Thank you Jay, for those wonderful words.

Arthur has been working on this story for the last 11 months. I believe this includes all the research that he has done to craft this story. In my talks with Arthur, he has indicated that probably chapter 26 or 27 will be the end of Book I. This of course, assumes that the characters will let him end the book at that point, and that the stars have all aligned properly! At which point he has said that he will take a break, before he begins writing Book II.

I can't say much more, without giving away plot points.

I'm impressed with all the work the author had put into the story so that it look credible historically speaking. I mean while it's a fiction and I doubt that a boy of that time could have done so much (not because of capability but more so than adult would not allow it) each time I read a chapter I see all the details about how thing were done back then and somethings I have verified on history book (like the artillery). it was exactly the same description (a few details that differ but not much)

On 9/5/2016 at 11:21 AM, Al Norris said:

Thank you Jay, for those wonderful words.

Arthur has been working on this story for the last 11 months. I believe this includes all the research that he has done to craft this story. In my talks with Arthur, he has indicated that probably chapter 26 or 27 will be the end of Book I. This of course, assumes that the characters will let him end the book at that point, and that the stars have all aligned properly! At which point he has said that he will take a break, before he begins writing Book II.

I can't say much more, without giving away plot points.

Oh NO!  I have been enjoying looking for Thursday for the next chapter and now you tell me it is almost over.  Please, please, please tell me that he isn't going to kill off Captain Marker.  The feel of the period and the depth of the characters makes this such an enjoyable read.  Again, reminds me so much of author Bernard Cornwell and I just can't tell you how much I enjoy this story.  I'm not ready for it to end.

t

Every time I think that Arthur has reached a level that cannot be surpassed he then writes and surprises me!  All I can say about the Tatoo appearance is  W O W !!!

My eyes misted as the names of the dead were read after a marvelous recounting of Thomas' original bravery.

Now we see that even the Viscount can't be trusted to look out for Thomas and his boys.

Such great writing.