MM's Broken Bard and Bent and Twisted

Emperor Roland

Well, golly. Myself... in Shattered Reflection (MISR) closed with a The End at chapter 56. (Note this was also known as Parvenue Book 4.3 chapter 45 and Brynnhollow Book 7 chapter 14. -- The guy writes in parallel, what can I say? ) I applaud Multimapper for both a wonderful story and the drive to author the novel at a rate very close to one chapter per week. 👏 (For the past several months Roland has been doing something similar with Sands of Time, releasing a new chapter every two weeks. Geez, how lazy am I?)

One of its unique aspects was in continuing three of his older works (Shadeside, Parvenue, and Brynnhollow) by allowing them to develop into a common universe. The latter two had had a character crossover at one point, but they were still separate stories. By adding an entirely human new character, FBI agent Shawn Roberts, and following him for the duration, something more than a crossover developed. Hmm, "entirely human" may be understating at the end. Let's just say "things happen" when you encounter vampires, witches, cursed shape shifting witches, demons, angels, elves, bigfoots (bigfeet?), and various hybrids. It would be surprising if Shawn had remained ordinarily human. They didn't "save the world," but three hidden parts of it are much safer now.

I wish Multimapper the best, and hope he takes a well-earned break. Not a really long one though! Whether his next endeavor is something entirely new, the next "volume" (in Japanese light novel terms) of MISR, or to top off one or more of his CSU stories, it is sure to be great. Maybe he can get a translator to write a Japanese version of MISR and have it actually be a light novel. Popular light novels are often adapted as manga and/or  anime.  I could go for that! (The Japanese people accept a wide range of settings in their fiction.  It doesn't have to be specifically Japanese in nature. American gangsters, European royal houses, alien worlds -- they have broad tastes, just like other cultures.)

Multimapper,

What a powerful ending to your latest novel , I truly appreciated the crossover too from your other novels .The Mashup made me go back and read the other stories to help me understand the characters more. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this with us

Cheers my friend,

Johnny C 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2019 at 10:23 AM, MultiMapper said:

BrokenBard/Bent & Twisted Update:

• Case#20160127A: The Winchell Hotel, Chapter 9
  • Shadeside, Chapter 25
  • UA7: Pioneer, Chapter 6
  • The Son of Voyager, Chapter 21
  • UA7: New Hope, Chapter 40

Hang on. Another batch. Update: 5/19/2019