The Parasite

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Larkin stories can now be found at Larkin]

NEW STORY

Chapter 1 found at http:// www.castleroland.net/library/author/larkin

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

This story has an odd quality to it.  It has the feel of a historical epic, gets into details that are enticing yet still beguile the reader to want to know more.  The mystery has caught me, for one, and I look forward to seeing what else is in store.

Excellent tease, Larkin.

Thank you D'Artagnon.

Omitted from the header is this short synopsis on this tale.

Uniquely absent from this story is any mention of the word vampire and most of the clichés like immortality, wooden stakes and religious phobia.

What remains is a parasitic blood drinking sub species distantly related to humans.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was hoping Brent would kill Yolo himself. Yolo was evil. He may have taken care of Brent but he also savagely killed the messenger. I got the feeling that Yolo represented temptation and Billy was a safe replacement for Yolo's evil nature. I think a shrink would have a field day with this story.

In the first part, there is a line where Brent asks Yolo if he is drinking his blood and Yolo smiles and nods, yes.

Then he asks, "If you keep drinking it will I die?"

Still smiling, Yolo says yes.

Brent love is so intense that he will accept it just as long as he can continue the relationship.

It is the result of a charm spell that is so intoxicating that Brent is even willing to give his life.

This level of passion and sexual dependency happens in real life all the time, especially when one loves the other more. than the love he is getting in return. It just makes him more desperate.     

And deluded.

Thank you Shayn, To say deluded is the perspective of an observer. Perhaps you have not fallen in love yet?  It is something very different than affection and mutual admiration.

Who really is the villain? Is it Brent for allowing himself to suspend his ethics? Yolo for being a murderer to stay alive? or the villagers who want to destroy anything unlike themselves?

This a fantasy story and Yolo is a concoction but the emotions are drawn from real life. 

Edited by larkin