Coming out Stories

ken barber

L.E.A.P. Audio is seeking short real life coming out stories for there coming out special in Oct.

TELL YOUR STORY
This is intended to showcase true stories of when you came out, OR your decision NOT to come out. (Both
are equally correct choices). We will take a cross section of the stories we receive
and assign actors to read your story dramatically with appropriate sound effects and
music.

Here are the rules:
[1] NO SEXUAL CONTENT!  We’re not interested in the time you lost your virginity. We
are not publishing any “sex” stories, these are stories of how you told other people
that you were gay or lesbian or bi or whatever.

[2] DO NOT NAME NAMES: Refer to people as “My mom” or “My best friend” or “the
bully” etc. You would not want to be forced out of the closet, so please don’t make
other people uncomfortable by naming them.

[3] DO NOT INCLUDE INFORMATION THAT WILL IDENTIFY YOU: This is not a way to get
dates <grin>. This is to help other people who are thinking about coming out and the
best way to help them is to provide them with REAL LIFE experiences.

[4] PLEASE DO NOT SWEAR: Swearing happens all the time, we know, but a large portion
of our listenership is early to mid teens. They don’t need to hear more of that
language… BUT BE HONEST. If you had a bad coming out and people said evil or
hateful things to you OR about you, put them in and trust us to find a “cleaner” way
to say it.

[5] DON’T CENSOR YOURSELF: If it was a GOOD coming out or a BAD One, Speak your
mind. People need to know BOTH sides of this situation if they are to make the right
decision for them.

Please limit your story to no more than 3 pages single spaced at Times News Roman 12 font, In english and
submit them by AUGUST 31 of this year to LEAP Audio 

We appreciate all of you and the courage it takes to make this life changing
choice.

For more information contact LEAP AUDIO

(Additional Information Added after posting)

LEAP audio and Castle Roland will Post the Audio production and Text Stories Simultaneously. 

Well Jamie you are more than welcome to share your story with LEAP but I am not sure you can narrow it down to one page. LOL they really want shorts for this. If you and tigerpaw would like to have them consider turning your full story into a full length audio production I would love to make the introductions.

Keep in mind everyone that this is not only a great way to show our support for National Coming out month it also helps two great organizations Castle Roland and LEAP Audio. It will also have the impact of reach people that are struggling with coming out. Its probably one of the most terrifying things we have done in our lives. Let these people know they are not alone we have been there we have done it and look at us know. WE are still here, we survived, our lives have flourished in different ways. 

Tell them your story so they know its OK to Love, its OK to be yourself.

IT GETS BETTER

Take a moment and write a quick essay about your personal experiance and you may just save a life, seems like its worth the effort to me.

Hi Guys!
Mark from LEAP AUDIO here.

Have you ever read about our younger (and sometimes older) siblings, and the epidemic of Suicides?

Have you ever heard about one of our siblings living a life that was NOT authentic, not real and not happy?

Or you saw an article on your newsfeed or on TV about the rash of Teen runaways and wished that there was SOMETHING that you could do to help?

That is EXACTLY who we at LEAP AUDIO ARE.
We tell stories that show our younger siblings that they are NOT Aliens, or Weird or Damaged. They get to hear stories about boys and girls who are in mamy ways JUST LIKE THEM.

"Woah! That boy has the same feelings as me...:"

Damn, That girl's going through just what I am goind thru."

"Crap! That boy kissed his best friend. I SO wish I could do that..."
And the parallels go on and on.

Well, NOW YOU HAVE A CHANCE to help CHANGE a teens life.

TELL YOUR STORY. (Anonymously if need be)
Tell how you came out... OR DIDN'T COME OUT (both are just as important)

Tell how you had a crush on that sort of nerdy boy in junior high and when you FINALLY got the nerve to tell him, or How he told you later on in life that he had had a similar crush on you.

If you choose to remain anonymous, we will OF COURSE Honor that.

Follow this link for details on how you can be an important part of helping one of our brothers or sisters survive.

Your's in Brotherhood and Love

Mark Bruzee

Executive producer

Leap Audio Productions

www.leapaudio.org

Where Gay Characters are Normal.

Cynus...

I understand that this sounds a bit confusing but remember we are a sight that is accessable, by design, to our siblings OF ANY AGE.

Do you want your story to be one of unbridled anger and language (even if it DID contain a lot of that) or would you like that story to Inspire a teen (or perhaps a wrongly married adult) to live life authentically, because they heard Thier story ( or at least PARTS of it) spoken?

Not a criticism, just observation.

Mark

jamie13

No One's Story is Unimportant! Every single one of us is UNIQUE, Special, beautiful in thier own way and NESSESARY to each other.

Your story is OF COURSE unique, as is mine, but in sharing we build a greater commununity that can stand against those who would dismiss us and abuse us for whatever spiteful reason they have...

and as I said many times already, if it saves Just One Sibling from suicide, Isn't that worth it?

In brotherhood and love Mark

jamie13

No One's Story is Unimportant! Every single one of us is UNIQUE, Special, beautiful in thier own way and NESSESARY to each other.

Your story is OF COURSE unique, as is mine, but in sharing we build a greater commununity that can stand against those who would dismiss us and abuse us for whatever spiteful reason they have...

and as I said many times already, if it saves Just One Sibling from suicide, Isn't that worth it?

In brotherhood and love Mark

I think mine is a little bit long to do as a short, I suggest if you have a bit of time to read the story written by Tigerpaw title "Can You Spare a Quarter." I am the Jamie from that story.   Then you might understand why Ken made the comment that he did.  further up in the comments. 

I'm supposed to avoid cursing but also avoid censoring myself? Have to admit, I'm scratching my head a bit at that one. :)

I completely agree...

Unfortunately for those trying to be honest about coming out, it is most often about a sexual awakening that is outside the norms of socially acceptable behavior.  To pretend it is anything else is a misguided hypocrisy.

Although things have improved in recent years this is still a tough row to hoe for any adolescents and even younger. 

Girls fall in love and cultivate romantic fantasies long before becoming aware of sex. 

Boys are just the opposite. Prompted by our secret and urgent daily rituals, sex comes first and only after some maturity can they become romantic or fall in love....maybe.