Taking A Break

Cynus

I believe it's come this this; the moment where I decide to take a break from what has been my obsession over the past two years. Motivation has fled from me, and it has taken with it the ability to write, and I need to take action.

And so I will be stepping away from my writing to do some soul searching. Perhaps I'll finally invest some time into reading, or perhaps do some editing for a little while. I don't know, but what I do know is that I clearly can't keep up this pace; at least not while I'm also battling depression and a life that is otherwise not what I want.

I anticipate a return in the fall, though I don't know if that will happen for certain. It depends on if I find my motivation again, and also a belief that my writing is actually doing some good, which is really all I ever wanted. At the time being I can barely bring myself to write a hundred words in a day, and rarely do I find any of those words to be of any worth.

To compound this issue, I've recently taken a number of hits from well-intentioned people who have managed to hurt me accidentally. I know they meant no harm, but the damage is done nonetheless. I need some time to really get my game back together and to really find belief in myself and my abilities again.

I apologize in any way if this affects you, and hope that you'll see that I need it. :)

Peace and love.