The Castle Roland Readers Cup Challenge Rules and Discussion

Okay, probably should have chimed in on this earlier... What exactly is expected of a synopsis?

I see a synopsis as a sort of a teaser.  It lets the reader know what the story is about, without giving away the whole story.  It's less like a book report and more like a blurb on a book jacket.  It piques the reader's interest and entices them to read the whole story.

Now I just hope I'm doing it right!

I see a synopsis as a sort of a teaser.  It lets the reader know what the story is about, without giving away the whole story.  It's less like a book report and more like a blurb on a book jacket.  It piques the reader's interest and entices them to read the whole story.

Now I just hope I'm doing it right!

Same here LOL I'm not good at writing in the first place. 

well I tried due to limited access to internet signals. as well as power. Just not happening. The joys of roughing it :) See ya all real soon  :pcwhack:  :ouch:  We are having a great time in Ontario  :D

See now, writing a synopsis for a series... that's harder.

For individual chapters... easy as pie!

Chapter 1, Trick to Treat: 

Zane Grey Hill. bullied by his father and classmates alike, catches the protective eye of the mysterious Zander.  What secrets does the older boy hold?

Chapter 2, Trick to Treat:

Zander turns Zane into a vampire in order to save his life, and must train him in his new abilities.  How will Zane handle his new reality?

P.S. I'm fond of question marks.  And I never said they were good synopses!

See now, writing a synopsis for a series... that's harder.

For individual chapters... easy as pie!

Chapter 1, Trick to Treat: 

Zane Grey Hill. bullied by his father and classmates alike, catches the protective eye of the mysterious Zander.  What secrets does the older boy hold?

Chapter 2, Trick to Treat:

Zander turns Zane into a vampire in order to save his life, and must train him in his new abilities.  How will Zane handle his new reality?

P.S. I'm fond of question marks.  And I never said they were good synopses!

If you've read the synopsis for 'Trick to Treat' which I wrote you will see I like questions too.

I wish I would have had the time to finish this event, but due to limited wifi and other issues, I was not able to follow through. I do hope everyone liked my little auto biography :)  That was done before vacation :D  Would love to see what sort of literary challenge you would do. Try not doing it durning hunting season.. sept 15 till april 1 LOL  well actually you can have from nov 14 till  dec 1 I don't hunt when the detroit deer hunters are out, I don't wanna be tied to the hood of a car!  We also have farmers paint the word cow in blaze orange on the sides of their cows! seriously! Am home now had to cut vacation short. I should be back on my feet by opening day if not I'll figure something out to get me into the woods!

oh yeah it would have been easy but we were in the middle of the north woods of Ontario Canada and wifi was just to sketchy to get a signal, also limited power since we only had battery and a small generator.  Love wilderness camping like that it's fun it really gets you disconnecter from the internet and any form of signal.  so we would fire up one a day charge everything then when we where not to busy hiking and fishing we would log in usually during the rain we had.  I actually cant wait to go back next summer. had a blast and I need to go beat up the rock that broke my ankle! it's revenge time!! LOL 

Look on the bright side, jamie. Now you have an excuse to lay around and catch up on all the stories you wanted to read. LOL

Heal quick though because I know how much you love being out and about.

Take care. :images (1): 

Yeah I have been reading a bit more. since i am kinda stuck. it sucks but like I said next year I get revenge on that rock!   :devil:

• 2 weeks later...