The Castle Roland Readers Cup Challenge Rules and Discussion

The Challenge will run for seven days starting at noon August 2, 2015 and end on noon August 9, 2015. Each day a link to a Short Story on the website will be posted in the forums

Members will have that 24 hour period to read the story and answer a single yes or no question in a public poll.

Members must then write and submit a Synopsis (a brief description) of the story, using no more than 250 words, to castlerolandpr@gmail.com.

The Synopsis must be received within 48 hours of that story's day.

The next day the link and poll will be replaced by another story.

All the members that complete all seven stories and synopses will receive the vaunted Castle Roland Readers Cup.

After all synopses have been received, they will be posted in the forum and voted on by the members. The synopsis with the most votes per story will be used on the website.

Good luck and get ready to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-65-0-98930700-1436064352_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a Challenge/contest for us readers... This is going to be fun!

The authors have been having all the fun lately... let me be the first to sign up for the challenge and also let me be the first to challenge all my fellow members to this task...

Members you have your challenge... will you be a reader enough to take it...

Ok so the Secret list of stories for this Challenge has been chosen and ONLY one person knows the list and its not me.

7 stories, 7 Days, 7 Synopses. Who will rise up to meet the challenge, who will cower in fear?

Get your reading glasses polished.

Clear your schedules.

Stock up  on snacks and caffeinated beverages. 

YOU ONLY HAVE TWO WEEKS TO PREPARE. DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU

Looks like I am late LOL what else is new:) I am trying to catch up on everyones stuff. but with all this summer fun it is tough to do. 

Busy with dog training busy fishing and long vacations. Next trek may be to england in the spring.  but for now check out the nice gill we caught...

11700860_965914043459662_666983638623844

Peace all  until later! I need some sleep now. 

Hey jamie! You're not too late. The Challenge doesn't start until August 2.

Very nice gill. We don't see too many that size around here. Nice looking kid too. Is he part of one of the special groups you often take out fishing and hunting?

'Challenge' is the correct term for this. I just had to write the synopsis for my story this week. The story was easier to write than the synopsis.

If you're not afraid then you have your work cut out for you.

Give it a try! Find out what the authors and editors go through.

Come on! I dare you!  Get that coveted Reader's Cup!

'Challenge' is the correct term for this. I just had to write the synopsis for my story this week. The story was easier to write than the synopsis.

If you're not afraid then you have your work cut out for you.

Give it a try! Find out what the authors and editors go through.

Come on! I dare you!  Get that coveted Reader's Cup!

OHHH a dare LOL now I have to do this!  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :t9307: kewl fireworks 

The Challenge will run for seven days starting at noon August 2, 2015 and end on noon August 9, 2015. Each day a link to a Short Story on the website will be posted in the forums

attachicon.gifRC.jpg

Why did no one see this at the start? Ken cannot count!!! :smiley-signs130:

Sunday to Sunday is 8 days, not seven! So I suppose I need to find one more short story for the Challenge! :devil:

Why did no one see this at the start? Ken cannot count!!! :smiley-signs130:

Sunday to Sunday is 8 days, not seven! So I suppose I need to find one more short story for the Challenge! :devil:

Not necessarily Alan. If the readers are being given 24 hours to read each story then the time period to read story 7 won't end until noon on the 9th. :unsure:  :)