Marriage Equality is now law of the land.

Zach Caldwell

I did generalize true.  But lately the General response from the leaders of the conservative movement has been to cry and throw temper tantrums. Since they are the leaders of the movement they are spokespeople for the movement so while I did generalize and stereotype its not without some basis.

While Ken may have been painting with a broad brush,  I don't think many "innocents" got any paint on them, when it comes to conservatives we see everyday on the TV.

Let's face it.  Most voters in this country are not very politically aware.  They take their cues from FOX "News" and the supposed leaders of the Republican party.  To a man, they've pretty much all stuck together on the issue of same sex marriage.  While the words may vary, every one of them is still against it, and they will shift their opposition to the new angle of preserving religious liberty.  I find it obscene that these folks are trying to frame their argument in that way, now.  If one's religion requires them to treat other people like shit, it doesn't say much for their religion.

I just watched a PBS broadcast about the SCOTUS ruling and both of the commenters thought that this was settled now, and conservatives would eventually just come to accept it.  I can't say that I agree with them.  It's been 40 years and conservatives are still constantly fighting and chipping away at a woman's right to choose.  I wouldn't be surprised if we're still fighting over SSM in 40 years as well.

I just watched a PBS broadcast about the SCOTUS ruling and both of the commenters thought that this was settled now, and conservatives would eventually just come to accept it.  I can't say that I agree with them.  It's been 40 years and conservatives are still constantly fighting and chipping away at a woman's right to choose.  I wouldn't be surprised if we're still fighting over SSM in 40 years as well.

Issue is, that type of 'hard-core' conservative is literally dying of old age.  The younger you go, the more support you see for SSM.  (Less so abortion, for whatever reason)

Issue is, that type of 'hard-core' conservative is literally dying of old age.  The younger you go, the more support you see for SSM.  (Less so abortion, for whatever reason)

I won't argue with what you say.  Everything you say is correct.  I just wish I was as sure as you are.  The reason I'm not so sure is that it's not conservatives as a whole I worry about.  It's religious conservatives and they don't see this as a secular issue.  To them, they have "God" on their side and there is no changing their minds.  The Republican party is almost inextricably handcuffed to the Evangelical Christian movement, and though I don't think there are all that many true Evangelicals, they are nothing if not a consistent voting bloc.  The Republicans will continue to fight this battle if for no other reason that to pander to that reliable group of voters.  Republicans/conservatives know that they can't win without them.

I won't argue with what you say.  Everything you say is correct.  I just wish I was as sure as you are.  The reason I'm not so sure is that it's not conservatives as a whole I worry about.  It's religious conservatives and they don't see this as a secular issue.  To them, they have "God" on their side and there is no changing their minds.  The Republican party is almost inextricably handcuffed to the Evangelical Christian movement, and though I don't think there are all that many true Evangelicals, they are nothing if not a consistent voting bloc.  The Republicans will continue to fight this battle if for no other reason that to pander to that reliable group of voters.  Republicans/conservatives know that they can't win without them.

Right now, that's true.  Ten, twenty, thirty years from now...  Trying to pander to the extreme right will start costing Republicans more votes than it saves, and they'll swap targets.  Or go the way of the dodo, politically speaking.