Global Explorer

denis_p

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of David McLeod’s stories can now be found at David McLeod]

Castle Roland Proudly Presents
a New Story From a Resident Author!

David McLeod's

"Global Explorer"

Book 1

Chapters 1 - Microscopic Carbon and a Big Ship
&
Chapter 2 - If I had a Trillion Hammers

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

David...

You have done it again... you have me hooked on another 'Saga' in your library of works...

[One of the perks of being on staff is the bonus of being able to read as of yet un-posted chapters...]

I know I must wait for more chapters to be posted but really... do you have to make your stories and their characters so interesting that in just a short time you have another reader hooked and going through withdrawals after just finishing the last chapter posted...

Really David... even though I'm in the depth of my withdrawals... and I hunger for more chapter... I just wanted to THANK YOU for your art and words that become addictive stories...

PLEASE KEEP IT UP...

David, I bumped into your story and it knocked me over.  Whom do I see about making an insurance claim for my warped little mind getting sprained?

I really love the historical, anecdotal, scientific, cultural and conceptual references in your story.  Some of them I already knew, some I'd forgotten, some you put a new spin on.  All of that is the kind of thing that I find myself looking up when I come upon it in a story and you had answers already set to go for where my curiosity was making notes.  Thank you for that.

I find I really enjoy your characterizations.  I know that having a lot of money would solve many of my current problems, but it's interesting to see how a lot of money also creates a lot of problems.  Your way of keeping the plot moving jarred me for a moment.  But in a good way.  Like a lot of things in Alex and Jonathan's world, things aren't always as they at first seem.  I don't want to give away plot points for other readers but I will cryptically say... the thing with the trees was both very symbolic, moving and beautifully done, and I have picked up on a mystery surrounding Jonathan and his name.  Kudos on both, by the way.

Looking forward to where this is all going.  Excellent job so far.  You've complicated my writing schedule by adding to my reading schedule, LOL

And thanks for bringing us not only a good solid story about love and family, but keeping the dangers facing our sweet Gaia, our Mother Earth uppermost in our minds.