We're Not Gonna Take It!

Castle Herald

OK, I'm going to "break ranks" here for a minute, so please bear with me.

Mary is generally in charge of setting the date of what RU story gets posted and when. She is very good at getting a mix of the stories posted, when we have a mix. It just so happened that there were a whole bunch of chapters that were thrown into the editing pool all at once. This necessitated that we post a chapter at every update, or we would have been backlogged well into the new year. Even at this rate, we are looking at the middle of November, before it begins to thin out, and that is assuming we authors don't go mad with the writing frenzy between now and then!

Then there is the idea that we don't want one story-line to over shadow another story-line, hence only posting one RU chapter at a time. We feel this is the fairest way to manage things.

Now we run into Operation Black Pearl (OPBP). There are four chapters and they will run until they are done. That means that starting Sept 14th, we will publish one chapter with every update to the site. Four chapters, four updates, two weeks.

Then there are a couple of story chapters that cannot be published until after OPBP is done. Those story chapters are contingent upon that miniseries ending, even to the extent of what happens in OPBP.

So now you have a little insight as to what's going on in the background.

Al, now I have read the 6 available chapters of We're not Going to Take It.  Along with the chapters of Scireians I read early this morning, it is obvious you are adding a lot of depth to the RU.  Because yesterday I was reading Resistance, I've been alternating between real-to-life stories behind Ashwood's lines and the fantastical in Scireians.  Even though I came to the RU with an expectation of science-fictiony stuff, between you and Rilbur and Ken, I must say I'm enjoying the greater scope which is available here.

Being as close to Canada as the WNGTI folks are, I do hope that eventually they can get some outside support from north of the border.  It would be sort of a backwards replay of the original revolutionary war, where many of those who maintained allegiance to England went up to Canada.  Now some of the Canadians might well be interested in aiding a free USA.

Ya know, there's not much more I can say, without giving away not only stuff in my stories, but in several other stories... so I'll just not say any more about "things".

I can say that like Ken and Rilbur, I wanted to work with ordinary people in wingit (and yes, that's what we affectionately called this story, 'cause I'm winging it).

Great chapter, Alan!  While there wasn't a lot of "action" that we may have come to expect in this story, there was still a lot going on.  This chapter went a long way towards giving us all some insight into Paul's life and personality...and just what makes him tick.  That's character development, and for me that's the mark of a superb writer.  Well done and thank you!

Thanks Steve.

The topic of Paul's past was one that I had thought of, early on. I just wasn't sure when it would be broached. Then when it happened, I was very concerned that I treated the entire subject fairly. Hard to compress in one scene what should have happened in the course of months with a professional therapist.

Regardless, this is not the end. This type of trauma is not overcome that easily.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello Al,

Wow ! I just finished your last chapter here , And it was a doozy too. Since I started reading everything that you all posted in Revolution Universe this is one of my favorite stories so far. Please keep up the great work & look forward to your next chapter .

Cheers,

.            Johnny C 

I wholeheartedly endorse the praise being afforded the author of this engrossing new addition to the Revolutions Universe. As a very recent adherent to Castle Roland, but representative of a substantial group of fellow readers to whom I refer good narrative, I can tell you that my discovery of this website has proved a trove of palatial proportions.

Keep up the good work. There are more depths to the existing universes to be mined:: there are freedoms to be won in my namesake's memory; and,undoubtedly there are yet new universes about which to be written.

Maybe you will be the one to do it? You have surely gotten off to an illustrious beginning.

Adam