Three Finger Cove - Robert

denis_p

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Chowhound’s stories can now be found at Chowhound]

Castle Roland Proudly Presents an Exclusive New Story from a Resident Author!

Chowhound

"Three Finger Cove - Robert"

Book II of Three Finger Cove

Chapter 1

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

For those of you that are following this story, you are in for a real treat, as Chowhound spins his story, once more.

Please, let the author know, either here or in an email, what you like (or dislike) about his story. The only payment an author receives is your feedback!

Enjoying this one too!  (God.  I must sound like a broken record!) 

I can't wait for Mr. Ken to work the same magic for Robert that he did for Colin.  I just want someone to catch Mrs. Johnston when she starts slapping Robert around.  I can't believe Mr Ken didn't fire her the one time she did it in front of him.  Surely he doesn't think that kind of treatment is ever justified.

Ready for the next one!

I hope all of you are enjoying my Second Story, Three Finger Cove - Robert.  As you know the story line begins about 17 months after Collin is made to go live with his Grammy.  Mr. Ken never figured he'd ever get another lad to 'foster' and is pleasantly surprised he gets to with Robert.  Robert has already met up with Mildred Johnston and there is NO love lost between them.  Robert is still getting used to living at The Cove and there is a lot more to come for this lad.

Some of you asked me about posting three chapters a week as I did with Collin's story.  I wish I could but with Collin's story I had been witting it for almost three years before I asked TSL to post it.  By the time I began posting Collin's story on Castle Roland,  TSL had already posted about 100 chapters, and with the story finished and waiting, it was easy to post three chapters at a time on Castle Roland.  With Robert's story, I am still working on the story line and trying to write three chapters for each posting would be virtually impossible.  

Darryl the Radio Rancher was my proofreader and Editor for Collin and is also doing the honors for Robert.  I greatly appreciate his time and efforts in doing that for me as it take his time away from his writing his many stories.  If any of you have the wherewithal and time and understanding of being a proofreader and/or editor please let the Admin at Castle Roland know you are interested and they could possibly find an author you could work with.  It could possibly even be me.

Also, if you find something I did wrong with the story line please drop me a line and I'll make the fix.  There are so many things you have to keep straight and be aware of that things can easily go astray when you are writing.  

Remember, the ONLY pay any author gets is when you write him, or her, and acknowledge their writing.  Plus, we enjoy hearing from our readers.

ChowHound

Chowhound, as you know, I thoroughly enjoyed TFC-Collin.

TFC-Robert, IMO, shows how your writing and story telling skills are maturing. It is a joy to read the chapters!

I should probably say that I detest Mildred. Didn't like her from the beginning and I don't like her in ... Oh! ... I shouldn't give that away, should I!

Oops... Just forget I said anything...

I'm pretty sure Chowhound would step in here and answer you himself, Steve... Assuming he finds the time and a connection out in Jamaica or one of those nearby Islands. He emailed me last week that he wouldn't be around until after the 18th.

If I had the money to take a cruise like that, I'd leave all my internet connections at home!

I'm glad to see that Robert is making a friend in Eric.  While their backgrounds aren't exactly identical, there is enough similarities, in that they both had troubled childhoods that took them from their natural parents, that they can probably identify with the other's situation.  I think Eric will be good for Robert.  A loving and caring parent is a good thing, but a boy really needs a best friend.

I'm sorry for not replying to my messages as I was first away camping and then I went on a cruise.  Yes, I am back but I will be leaving soon for another camping trip and will not return until 16 August.  I do seem to travel quite a lot and I thoroughly enjoy getting away from the every day humdrum.  Being retired does allow me that luxury

Robert's story is moving along and he is getting more and more settled in at Three Finger Cove.  He and Eric are fast becoming Best friends and they surely will share a few adventures together.  One thing I want you to know is that my chapters are about 10 pages long (Word 2013) when I send them to be published. I thought they would look bigger/longer when they got posted but they sure don't look to be that big when the chapter gets posted.  I have NO idea why that is.  

I want to thank all of you who have emailed me directly (chowhnd@gmail.com) and I will reply to your email when I open that inbox. Thanks again for reading and enjoying my second story, TFC - Robert.

Later... ChowHound

It's nice to see Robert making some friends of his own.  Now we just need that private detective to get back to Mr. Ken about that witch, Mrs. Johnston!  I had a nun in 3rd grade that I picture when I read about Mildred.  She used to get so mad that her eyes nearly bulged out of her head.  We used to call her Sr. Eyeballs.  (Not very original, I know, but we were only in the 3rd grade!)

Steve, it is funny you should mention nuns.  I attended a catholic grade school for 8 years and had the 'pleasure' of dealing with the intricacies of their 'sisterhood'.  I am glad you can put a face to the character. That makes the story more 'alive' for you as you read along. I would like to tell everyone that I do not mirror or mimic anyone that I know nor anyone that may be well known.  My characters are strictly from my imagination.  I do have my own ideas of what my characters look like and I see their faces as I write about them.  You are going to find a lot more characters in TFC - Robert than you did with Collin's story so my imagination is having to work overtime for this story.  I am very happy that so many of you are already enjoying Robert's story.  Remember, you can email me at Chowhnd@gmail.com with your comments, concerns, ideas, or where I may have messed up.  It is always nice to get an email from those of you reading my story.  Take Care!!