TIC

Castle Herald

This was a nice "feel good" kind of chapter.  I needed it after having Ty back in jail.

"I have two ears and one mouth. I listen twice as much as I speak."

That's the best line I've read in a long while.  It's a shame more folks don't subscribe to this sentiment.

This was a nice "feel good" kind of chapter.  I needed it after having Ty back in jail.

"I have two ears and one mouth. I listen twice as much as I speak."

That's the best line I've read in a long while.  It's a shame more folks don't subscribe to this sentiment.

So glad you enjoyed it. That's a line I heard many years ago. I don't remember where but it stuck with me.

Great addition, Ricky!  Thanks. 

Ty seems so grown up about so many things.  I'm glad that he and Nick didn't have some long misunderstanding about Troy kissing Nick. 

Ready for more!

You have to remember that Ty's life experience is hard and rather street wise but he lacks any social graces. He knows the adult part of life better then the kid's. He wasn't given much time to just be a kid. And remember that sex is not tied in anyway to emotions for him. So he's easily able to step back from it that way. Love however he is still learning about.

Nick on the other hand is all kid with a touch of country which gives him an adult perspective on some things. Life in the country is cause and effect. Live or die. SO he has that common sense. Relationships and malice are foreign objects to him.

So together they make a whole person, well rounded. Apart, they are both lacking.

I'm glad to see that Nick and Ty were able to get through their little crisis without major problems.  I do feel for Troy, but he needs to learn some boundaries and think of others at times too.  I'm looking forward to the naming ceremony.  From what I know of Native Americans that is not something to be taken lightly.  Also glad that Sharon said yes to marrying Oggie.  Let's just hope she and Oggie can work out the details of how to run the hotel and still have a life together.  Looking forward to more!

I'm glad to see that Nick and Ty were able to get through their little crisis without major problems.  I do feel for Troy, but he needs to learn some boundaries and think of others at times too.  I'm looking forward to the naming ceremony.  From what I know of Native Americans that is not something to be taken lightly.  Also glad that Sharon said yes to marrying Oggie.  Let's just hope she and Oggie can work out the details of how to run the hotel and still have a life together.  Looking forward to more!

The naming ceremony is one of my favorite chapters too. Enjoy.

It was nice to see Troy get to stay with the boys for a while longer, and Dominique in particular.  I think it will be great for him to be around a healthy gay relationship...and be a part of one too, even if only for a short time.

The naming ceremony was good.  I like the spirituality expressed by the Native Americans...much more so than the bastardization of the Abrahamic religions as practiced in the US.  I'm curious about the statement that grandfather made about Ty always being a part of the tribe.  Is that a subject that may be explored further?

Thanks for another great chapter!

It was nice to see Troy get to stay with the boys for a while longer, and Dominique in particular.  I think it will be great for him to be around a healthy gay relationship...and be a part of one too, even if only for a short time.

The naming ceremony was good.  I like the spirituality expressed by the Native Americans...much more so than the bastardization of the Abrahamic religions as practiced in the US.  I'm curious about the statement that grandfather made about Ty always being a part of the tribe.  Is that a subject that may be explored further?

Thanks for another great chapter!

You're welcome. I think Grandfather saw the warriors spirit in him and was just calling him home. I believe in recycled lives. So time will tell. Glad you enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually have the next chapter ready to post. Just have to figure out how to do it properly. It's sorta been on automatic with my blessings I might add. But now I have to figure out how to submit it to the right place/person.

lol. Getting old was the worst mistake of my life. I should have chosen just to stay young. But I'm getting back into the swing of things and hopefully the next chapter will reflect that the five years sabatical from the story does not reflect that I've changed in style as a writer. My fans will be the judge.

• 1 year later...

I just started reading this story on Thursday and finished it Friday night. I WANT MORE!!!!! I saw one of your posts that said you had another chapter ready. Please send it in.

I don't think it matters if your writing style has changed because The Art of War is very good and still seems similar in that you pay close attention to the emotions of your characters.

Jeikor