• 2 weeks later...

Would it be impolite to hope that a certain busybody gossip of a post mistress has a stroke or something?  :(  Grace sounds like the stereotypical nosey old churchlady. 

Let's just hope that the Bradshaws can get them to their next station without any further trouble...although I'm guessing that things could get a little dicey from here on out until they cross the Mississippi.

Thanks for another great chapter!

Eric, I just completed chapter 7 of Scout's Own.  It is a great story, and further expands the Revolutions Universe (RU) lore.  I was a boy scout in the 1960's.  IIRC, one of the requirements for 1st Class back then was to learn Morse Code.  Or maybe it was just for one of the badges -- hard to remember.  I'm sure the Ashwood folks will eventually figure out that resistors are communicating that way.  Another big problem for the resistance is that the short wave antennas might tend to identify targets.  I've heard that the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia would kill people for the "crimes" such as wearing glasses or having a driver's license.  You can't be a true member of the proletariat bearing such bourgeoisie symbols!  (Maybe anyone who can spell "bourgeoisie" without looking it up should have been added to the list...)  My point is that to a crazy dictatorial regime, paranoia will become the norm and even innocent people will suffer.  (Not that Ashwood cares about innocence.)

Hopefully the scouts will soon realize that they need to emphasize security more strongly.  They have met folks at several locations who were not sworn to secrecy, not just Grace.  She may be a busybody, but she did nothing wrong.  Maybe the scouts don't want to do that, fearing it may draw attention to themselves.  But it appears that not doing it had the same effect.

I look forward to your crossover with Changing Connections

Thank you Wyatt.  I'm currently active as an adult leader and have enjoyed my time as part of it.  I added the Morse Code into the story because my NEC when I was in the Navy was Morse Code Operator.

They're hoping that Ashwood's a little busy to notice them, since Morse Code hasn't been used for a while, so maybe they can get away with it for a little while yet.

I do hope people like the connection to Connections.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...