AoE Contest Details

post-65-0-61009300-1430275603_thumb.jpg

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."

Nathaniel Hale 1776

In honor of The United States Independence Day Celebration on July 4th, 1776, The Storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789, The Discovery of the Rosetta Stone On July 19, 1799 In Egypt, The British Capture of Gibraltar on July 24, 1704, and the many more events spanning the month of July throughout the Age of Enlightenment, Castle Roland has decided to hold another Short Story contest.

The Story must be set in the 1700’s and must contain at least one gay main character. No more than 30,000 words and must be submitted by

June 18th. Submissions are open to anyone.

Email submissions to castlerolandpr@gmail.com

The stories will be posted on the Castle Roland Forums viewable only by the members. The members will be asked to vote on the stories from June 18th until June 28th. The top three stories (calculated by the votes) will be posted to the Castle Roland website on July 4th.

(CORRECTION: members will be asked to vote on the stories from June 19th until June 28th)

The rest of the stories will be posted to the website in the fall as a part of our Special Events anthologies.

For further information or questions please email Denis the Castle Roland Public Relations Administrator at castlerolandpr@gmail.com.

post-65-0-17589800-1430275620_thumb.jpg     post-65-0-78897500-1430275630_thumb.jpg     post-65-0-46154800-1430275639_thumb.jpg     post-65-0-47804000-1430275650_thumb.jpg

I think I'll hold off on this and be a judge/referee. That way, if Zach wants to try his hand at it, he can. Other than that, the contest is open to anyone. Forum members, Ru editors/admins, Authors or Regular Readers.

Remember, midnight June 18th is the deadline to get your story in.

Since this is a short story, do we have chapters (obviously only a few), or one long chapter? And we are underway on our story. I've already learned some fascinating facts about the 1700s! This was a great idea.

Jack...

With the only limit on the size of the story being the 30,000 word limit... it is left to the author on how he wants his story to be presented... so it is up to you if you want to have chapters/sections to your Short Story... or just the story as one single story.

I would point out that if you do sections or chapters within the 30,000 word limit, the notations of chapter number and or title will count towards the word count. Also depending on formatting, we will have to modify the formatting so that it can be posted on the forums. Just something to keep in mind.

• 3 weeks later...