The Lost Boys

Castle Herald

I was a little worried and concerned last week when there was no Riposte update but since you apparently were working on Lost Boys instead all is forgiven. :P  :D 

Really am glad to see this story continue. Dang! You left Cliff hanging once again. LOL Hope he has a good grip!

Huh, so Cthulhu is in league with the Government. Who would have thunk?

Now waiting for references to a squid and to Lost Carcosa :D

And on an entirely different note, I have finally exhausted all of the stories D'Artagnon has published on the site, and will have to wait for updates like the rabble. I must say I am quite vexed with this development. :(

Well, chapters 9, I (aye) and 10 of riposte are just awaiting their turns in the rotation, and Lost Boys 9 is in production even as I type this, along with continuations on Riposte (Chapter J is shaping up nicely), and a slew of the codicils will start emerging soon as well.  As soon as I get to Chapters 13 and M of Riposte, that one will take a short break and a new three part piece will likely get into the mix, introducing everyone to a total cad named Alex.  Also in the works is a short story about a boy who had a bad meteorological event at the beach and how his life changes after that.

Although, I have to point out two things in your above statement that may or may not be true.  I can neither confirm or deny the existence of any squid based life forms or lost cities.  Neither can I claim that any government agencies, departments or sanctioned organizations have any relationships with any true or imaginary deities of an extradimensional, cosmic or transplanar nature.

And shame on you for assuming that little bunny thulu might deal with the big nasty federal persons.  They don't play nice.  But they do taste nice all fried up and with tons of vinegar, salt and ketchup.  LOL  So don't assume what you don't know,   So there, NAHH!  :P

And on an entirely different note, I have finally exhausted all of the stories D'Artagnon has published on the site, and will have to wait for updates like the rabble. I must say I am quite vexed with this development. :(

Welcome, zerg, to the world many of us have been living in for a while. Waiting on the tantalizing little tidbits that come our way whenever an update contains a chapter of something (anything, please) from D'Artagnon. :P  :smiley-taunt010:  :smiley-sex023: 

Ehhh. Surely can't be as bad as waiting for the next chapter from Kandric Saga or, say, Unexpected Reactions by Mr. Rilbur :)

A serious question to D'Artagnon. What is the timeline of this story vis a vis the codicil of Educating Max? The Nazi's appearance suggests after, but then that means the kitsune is basically lying about the strongest being taken down because she knows full well Max is fine.

In the Coupe codicil, Andy spies on Robby and Kenny who are playing in Robby's front yard while his parents are inside discussing their future plans.  When Max gets taken, his escape is far from Andy's view and it's almost a week before Max shows up in Canterbury again, which is about the time when Andy starts gathering the Lost Boys.  You could probably pin it down to exactly one week after.  Max and Cam are caught that Saturday morning after their night at the Watch.  The next Saturday (I believe) starts with Sammy attacking the Mustang and losing his clothes.  And I don't see a codicil for Educating Max anywhere.  I know I started writing one, but I wasn't sure if it was posted, in whole or in part.  Yet.

Bwahahahahahahah!

Sorry, if you don't let the evil laugh out once in a while, it builds up and scares the neighbors.

Very end of the last chapter of Educating Max.  It was kinda a gimme ending, where it's hinted that the "author" is Max himself, using some type of mental illusion to make himself appear older.  Kinda a kick back to "The Shadow"

I had a completely different view of that ending.  I thought it was breaking the fourth wall, with you writing about D'Artagnon squabbling with his editor :P

Also, I thought was a codicil, but it looks like it was posted in a preview subforum, so... guess I was wrong!

• 1 month later...

When the stakes are as high as life and death, freedom or uncertainty, you come upon moments of truth and such moments are rarely pretty.  A Lost Boy goes down, hard.  And I can guarantee, a Lost Boy wont be coming home.  Lost Boys, Chapter 9  -  Tick Tock    is next!

Don't fear the Reaper!

• 6 months later...

Things get messier.  Tom lets his mad out.  Kyle makes two discoveries, one kinda gruesome.  The bad guys show that they aren't playing for fun.  It is about to get nasty.  Don't lose your head!  Lost Boys, Chapter 10  -  To Die Will Be an Awfully Big Adventure   is next!

Get up, Sammy!  Please!

...please...

• 4 weeks later...

The fight atop the hill is turning solidly against our heroes.  Two down and it is about to get personal for at least two of them.  Will Peter Pan's gift be a blessing or a final curse?  Will heroes emerge from where we least expect them?  The plan continues to fall apart as we finish out this conflict.  Survival is not always a victory.   Lost Boys, Chapter 11  -  Not All Stories End Happily   is next!

"I wasn't supposed to be like this, Kid."

Yeah, right!

Very, Extremely, Very Not Happy With This Chapter. Did I mention Very Extremely Not Happy.

And is our mysterious stranger after Sammy or Josh? (He) mentions something about logging but I can't decide if he meant where Sammy landed during this fight or the truck when Josh first discovered he can fly.