Reading Order Page for Revolutions Universe

Zergrinch

Seeing as how it is the premier crossover story universe for Castle Roland, I was thinking a page that shows the exact reading order, on a per-chapter basis, might be helpful.

In the Universe page, the stories appear to be arranged alphabetically.  Meaning, "And Justice for All" is listed first, even if it's not exactly the best place to start.

I'm not sure how programatically complicated this would be for Rilbur, although I think such a thing can be coded by hand since updates don't happen that often.  Seeing as how there are editors to maintain story consistency, I am betting the information is already available.

I knocked up a dirty page of how I envision such a page might look like - the information is most definitely wrong.  Other than background color, it has not been fitted to the Castle Roland stylesheet.  If a chapter straddles two chapters or more of other stories, then we can just merge the cells or something.

I'm not sure how programatically complicated this would be for Rilbur, although I think such a thing can be coded by hand since updates don't happen that often.  Seeing as how there are editors to maintain story consistency, I am betting the information is already available.

I believe the decision was to alphabetize things to make them easier to find.  A 'recommended reading order' has been a to-do item for quite some time, but it's the kiss-of-death.  Whoever we give the job to...  vanishes into thin air, never to be heard from again!  Why do you think Alexander's story just up and vanished from the RU?  Such a critical story, and now no-one even remembers it ever existed except some of the RU staff...

/Me keeps a perfectly straight face.  :D

Crowd source it then. Editors dump what they have in a Google Spreadsheet and open it to the public to edit. Pretty sure there are certain "events" that can serve as a dandy timeline anchor, such as the assassination attempt on Bryce's plane, the election, missile attack on Texas, and others.

I'd say the election serves as the pivot point since it is always the Tuesday after the first Monday of November. I am sure, for example, that Geek Squad and New Beginnings can be backdated from this date.