Are We Ready for Some Football

ken barber

To paraphrase my dearly departed grandfather "This is the kinda horses*** that Jets fans whine about to have something to talk about other than the fact that their team stinks!"

Not exactly a subtle man, my grandfather, but he wore his heart on his sleeve. Along with a Pabst Blue Ribbon in hand and a Red Sox "B" hat. 

Got to admit, we have our priorities kinda screwy when this issue seems more important on the national news than the government of Yemen all deciding to walk off the job or the death of the Saudi king and the minor shakeup in gas prices this causes. 

I say, forget all this hype, bring on the game.  Settle this where football (yes, American football to our international members) should be settled.  ON THE FIELD.  Leave it all there, winner take all.  Maybe then the sports writers will actually write about something important... like, iduuno, sports, instead of contoversey.

Besides, what happened to the balls in the days between the game and the accusations?  Do we really know?

I agree, D'Artagnon. Tom Brady said he did not cheat and in my opinion he is innocent until proven guilty. It is pretty bad when the whole thing was the first story on the news last night. That is one reason we also watch BBC news. You get a lot more international news. Americans have such a "America-centric" view at times.

If it's an issue, which for me, I could care less, why were they not checked "before" the game? I mean there is a lot of money riding on these idiots over this barbaric sport. Seems the ball is the focus of the game, so why is it not the standard to check their level of bluster before each game?

I didn't even know pucks were inflated! :huh:

And I'll be working! HA, so it will just be the facilitators then? I think I'm the only real gay boy here who could give a squat about sports. OK, so I'm a bit of a stereotype in this area. The truth is I played some football. But they complained when I threw the ball up in the air and ran like hell when I saw the pack of them coming after me. Which proves my point, giv'em the damn ball and they won't hurt ya. I mean how stupid is it to hang on to the damn thing? You're going to turn around and give it to them in the end anyways. All I did was skip the mutilation part. MINE!

They continued to let me play though. Well if being grabbed by the ankles and stuffed in the storm sewer head first to get the ball out is considered playing.

Ya, that really happened. I was pretty skinny.

Here is all that I have heard about it (I am neither a Pats fan nor a Colts fan or Sea Hawks either for that matter). The balls are checked before the game then given back to the teams (fact). I have heard that the Pats' balls were checked again at halftime due to a complaint and found to be too low. They were reinflated and stayed inflated until the end of the game (hearsay). The NFL continued the investigation but won't announce their findings until after the Super Bowl.

Officials keeping the balls would prevent this in the future.

Whether they did anything or not doesn't matter for the Super Bowl because the penalties are fines and loss of draft pick.

In an odd moment of crossover zen, I present to you this.  Gronk Spikes a Puck.  Ken, try not to drool.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/patriots--rob-gronkowski-spikes-puck-before-bruins-islanders-game--video-013142083.html

Also, for you music lovers (not from Medford)  What do you wanna do with your life?