Wearing the Inside Out

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of D’Artagnon’s stories can now be found at D'Artagnon]

Chapter 1 presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/dartagnon

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Ah, yes, well... from what I understand, that chapter's release on another site might take a few months.  To use a Britishism, the que is rather deep.  However, things may develop here so that about the time it lands on that other site, Chapter I (pronounced eye) for Riposte will be hitting here, likely sometime in early June, if the schedule keeps, but that's just a guess.  Not sure how deep we've scheduled on this end.  I can tell you that all remaining chapters of Coupe and up to Chapter 13 of Wearing the Inside Out is coded and in safe hands, awaiting it's turn.  The 14th and 15th chapters are getting the once over before going to coding and will be sent here soon.

Not sure if I intend to send any further chapters to that other web site.  Nothing against anyone there, just seems to be a lot going on and a lot of catching up to do.  I have ideas I want to put out there.  I mean, we write for various reasons, but the stories have a life of their own, sometimes, and need to be told.

I don't mean to sound snobbish when I say that.  There are lots of stories and characters and ideas running around in my head that want to get out and squawk.  I like hearing from readers, and I like trying to get ideas out there for discussion through the stories, but like any good storyteller or role player or author will tell you, a good story tells itself.

Or something like that.

Ah, yes, well... from what I understand, that chapter's release on another site might take a few months.  To use a Britishism, the que is rather deep.  However, things may develop here so that about the time it lands on that other site, Chapter I (pronounced eye) for Riposte will be hitting here, likely sometime in early June, if the schedule keeps, but that's just a guess.  Not sure how deep we've scheduled on this end.  I can tell you that all remaining chapters of Coupe and up to Chapter 13 of Wearing the Inside Out is coded and in safe hands, awaiting it's turn.  The 14th and 15th chapters are getting the once over before going to coding and will be sent here soon.

Not sure if I intend to send any further chapters to that other web site.  Nothing against anyone there, just seems to be a lot going on and a lot of catching up to do.  I have ideas I want to put out there.  I mean, we write for various reasons, but the stories have a life of their own, sometimes, and need to be told.

I don't mean to sound snobbish when I say that.  There are lots of stories and characters and ideas running around in my head that want to get out and squawk.  I like hearing from readers, and I like trying to get ideas out there for discussion through the stories, but like any good storyteller or role player or author will tell you, a good story tells itself.

Or something like that.

hey nothing snobish about it you are a great writer in a great genre that I like a lot. and I can't wait for more so I'll just kick back and relax and go hunting some more course with the snow storm coming in a few hours I'll be sitting by a roaring fire and relaxing! and i'll pull my nook out and read fable haven again. as well as the complete series of cirque du freak.  So for nw it's time to split some wood and gear up for the power outage which I know we will have!  it's a given here whenever the wind blows above 20 mph our power goes out!  so if you all don't see me for a few days well I'm DOA LOL  but seriously I can wait I love your writing style. and the genre. and I do have to throw compliments out to all the others as well since they work hard and also have some damn good stories ! Kudos to everyone keep up the good work and if the juices stop flowing I got that battery charger I can hook it up to both ears and hitthe 150 cranking amps switch :) 

D'Artagnon, I know you and others here place their stories on other websites and I assume it is because your story will reach more people if you do that. (Is that a correct assumption?) But is there a point where you are "stretched too thin", and it takes too much time to monitor and deal with all the websites and it takes time away from writing and creating?

D'Artagnon, I know you and others here place their stories on other websites and I assume it is because your story will reach more people if you do that. (Is that a correct assumption?) But is there a point where you are "stretched too thin", and it takes too much time to monitor and deal with all the websites and it takes time away from writing and creating?

I'm not sure how the others might respond to this question, but I was recruited to post here in Summer of 2014.  Most of what's posted here at the Castle are stories posted at another site already, and I intend to continue those stories here.  I should also state that I've updated the stories here from where they were first posted.  Mostly just fixing typos and obvious grammatical errors, but there are places where entire paragraphs have "cropped up" to fill in gaps I saw after initial posting.  I will say this, any new material will see light of day here at Castle Roland.  Whether I choose to update things at the other site I previously posted at, well...

That's another story.

And as for monitoring the other site?  Let's just say I'm active here and uncertain there.  A matter of degree perhaps.  But my focus is here now.

Okay, I'm with Mark; I did not see that coming. I am trying my best to figure out how Paul and Jack fit into the Canterbury Knights. You have one convoluted mind. :D  :P But that's a good thing! :D  I was wondering if it tied in at all and then Caspian, Kenneth and Robby showed up at the diner.

Keep up the good work. :) 

Sounds like it is about to get interesting! From Paul's description of his mom and aunt especially when they get together they can be very sneaky and underhanded. Jack's dad may not stand a chance against them. At least I hope not. Jack's dad is completely wrong; Jack and Paul are good for each other. They each have what the other is missing and needs. Good story, very unusual! :D