Once Upon a Forgotten Christmas

Castle Herald

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Ricky stories can now be found at Ricky]

Short Story presented at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/ricky

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

• 1 month later...

This is an example of some of Ricky's best descriptive writing. Here are just a couple of phrases that are exemplary: "...the voices...ring out in a timbre that spoke his name" and "...the stole of a senior chorister and a soloist." The little touches lend verisimilitude and lead one's mind smoothly to the grandeur of the cathedral and the music. Ricky selected music that fits perfectly into the story of a boy soprano. I recognized all of the songs from albums by Libera. The story would warm the cockles of even the heart of Ebenezer Scrooge. (Does anyone know what a cockle is?)

This is an example of some of Ricky's best descriptive writing. Here are just a couple of phrases that are exemplary: "...the voices...ring out in a timbre that spoke his name" and "...the stole of a senior chorister and a soloist." The little touches lend verisimilitude and lead one's mind smoothly to the grandeur of the cathedral and the music. Ricky selected music that fits perfectly into the story of a boy soprano. I recognized all of the songs from albums by Libera. The story would warm the cockles of even the heart of Ebenezer Scrooge. (Does anyone know what a cockle is?)

OK, I confess, I googled it.

Thanks David. You always leave the nicest reviews. As for the music chosen, that version is actually written as a duet. But it fit the purposes of the story. I've actually only had one person notice and they are treble fans too. And yes Libera is certainly feel good music. I actually have a playlist as my alarm clock on my computer when I travel. The treble voice sings to the marrow of your bones. No better way to wake up. Or to pass on in my estimation. It's a pure sweet resonance that warms the heart, chases away bad dreams or just puts you in a good mood to start your day.

I'm back after a brutal five day show. The energy summit in DC. A hard set up and strike, rather easy if nerve racking in between. An exercise in precision timing by a group of professionals that I enjoy working with very much. But OH! putting it back in the box! Takes me 2-3 days to recover. Here's a few pics of what I do:

20150208_144919_zpsf9067b22.jpg

20150210_131444_zpsfc304bb4.jpg20150208_144838_zpsc304b98a.jpg