Merry Christmas Castle Roland Community -- Christmas Stories

It is like how Zach/herald write the new forums/chapters/story threads. Zach isn't the one that writes all the stories though :P

Got it, just I wasn't paying attention to that with the other stories but I know your avatar so having a blue wolf/dog pop up had me a bit catty wonkers, lol.  Going back to the other stories I see it now with the avatar being of the person who posted it not of the author's. Good job with the history portion of the story.  A different type of Christmas story but cute.

Got it, just I wasn't paying attention to that with the other stories but I know your avatar so having a blue wolf/dog pop up had me a bit catty wonkers, lol.  Going back to the other stories I see it now with the avatar being of the person who posted it not of the author's. Good job with the history portion of the story.  A different type of Christmas story but cute.

Great story. What is wrong with us that makes this story believable? I know that there are many vets out there in exactly the situations you described. Doesn't our government have a moral obligation? What happened to this country?

Anyway, thanks for a great story and a happy ending for two characters that richly deserve happy.

Thanks again. I loved writing the story I think the basis of the story is one that needs to be told again and again. As a veteran Myself I am appalled at how our Returning "Heroes" are treated after they are no longer needed. It's something that should make all of feel ashamed. The story itself has a happy ending but not very many do.

Thank you all for reading it

I'm old enough to remember how Vietnam vets were treated by some people when they returned. Shameful. One can be against a war or military action but to hold those fighting it responsible for it is ludicrous. It was as if the "shame" of the war was transferred to the returning vets. I supported a medical group in Iraq and sent care packages. The Captain of the troop and I still correspond now even though now he is a Major, married and has three kids. The attitude of the country has changed since Vietnam towards vets. Not enough but a long way.