Merry Christmas Castle Roland Community -- Christmas Stories

Thank you all.  I actually started writing another Holiday story and then I saw the Sainsbury Chocolate 2014 advert and this story jumped out from that.  I'm glad you all liked it.  I liked writing it.  Plus one of the historical magazines I recieve had a story about the 1914 Christmas Peace all that together inspired me to write this one.

I had almost decided not to post anything about this story. I suppose it is because this story is not at all the usual style I've come to expect from a "Kyle Aarons" story.

Even half way through this second chapter, I kept expecting "the other shoe (or even three) to drop!" THAT would have been the style I've become used to.

Don't get me wrong, Kyle. I love how you are able to explore the dark side of humanity, interwoven with sword and sorcery fantasy. I have enjoyed your sci-fi stories. I like how you can take what are considered "evil" creatures and show that "evil" is not a look or a skin, but an attitude of mind. I even like how you are able to portray the survival instincts of modern man as he is thrown back to the proverbial wild west, can overcome the loss of technology we enjoy today. You are good at those styles.

Quite bluntly, I was at a loss when I read this story. It simply wasn't a "Kyle Aaron" style of story.

But the more I thought about it, the more I came to like it and realize that yes, you can write a traditional Christmas story. Not only can you write such a different style, but you did it very, very well. You had my attention, even to the end.

So now the question I have in my mind is, was he always able to write like this (and chose not to), or was it something that he evolved to.....

Kyle,

From the moment I started to read Part One, I was hooked. The character development, plotting, the ride thru War, WV on Youtube (when you told me to research the town), and this very remarkeble cast of characters was enthralling!

You gave us such a treat today. And set the bar pretty high for all your other stories now!

Thank you so very much,

Mary