Terrorism - Taliban attacks a school, kills children. How Very Brave (Sarcasm!)

D'Artagnon

This is unbelievable.  These things are complete waste of flesh and in my opinion don't deserve to live.   There is no place on earth for these people, they should be wiped out to a man or woman.  Also, did you hear about the school bus attack in Yemen, done my Yemeni members of Al Qaida. 

The thing I would like to do, is go over and just break everything that they have that can wage war and kill or injure others and then tell all the families of their victims where they are and then stand back and watch them die pleading for their lives and pissing themselves.  Making war on children gives them no right to life or my sympathy.  I seriously dislike to feel hate for anyone, but these useless meat sacks and any like them, deserve my hatred.

This is what happens when religion becomes a political power. We have seen this before in history, perhaps not on this scale, but just as intolerant. The era of the Inquisition is one example and in certain parts of our own country if one was not a member of a certain church, you could not even buy property. There may yet be pockets of such intolerance still existing here, but, mostly we have moved past that era now. I believe that such intolerance comes from a last ditch effort to maintain power on the part of the ministers, priests or mullahs. In more primitive societies, the religious leader is the only person who has any education whatsoever and, as he (or she) sees his power beginning to fade, he sees his only avenue to maintain his position of power is to organize dramatic effects, such as terrorism. It is not too difficult to whip up the  fears of uneducated people who have almost nothing in the way of creature comforts.

The problem is, what to do about it. Obviously, we cannot go in and bomb them back to the stone age, that is where they are now. Kill them all? Perhaps, but that too is impractical. It is a problem we have been dealing with in one degree or another since the time of the Crusades and no "Great Thinker" has come up with a solution yet. After WW2, we attempted to raise their level of civilization and that, too, failed. All we did was give them more lethal toys to play with. Hate is so ingrained in their souls that nothing can get by it in their minds. It MAY come about that we must place them in a zoo-like environment and fence them off from the rest of the world.

Whatever we we, it is going to have to be soon and it is going to be very bloody.

Charles Bird

SeaBird

It MAY come about that we must place them in a zoo-like environment and fence them off from the rest of the world.

If it weren't for the minor detail that we need their oil supplies, I'd say do that to the entire middle-east.  

Of course, if we included Israel inside the fence we'd get watch Israel rapidly conquer the entire region in self-defense, and we'd laugh, and laugh, and laugh!  So we'd better keep them outside the fence, where they won't get attacked.

Yes, the oil IS an important issue, but it is not the only issue. [edited to comply with forum rules] Muslims who are so intent on killing the rest of us, have begun to spread out. There are little colonies everywhere, including here in the United States, as well as countries one would never expect to see them, like Australia. Even the Nordic countries are seeing little Muslim colonies springing up.

IF we are to do something about the "problem", it must be soon. I am NOT advocating any measure, all I am saying is that they present a danger to us that is largely unrecognized. Americans, as well as many other nationalities have always welcomed immigrants from other places and cultures, but, now we are faced with a culture that holds us anathema and is bound by their Holy writings to exterminate us. (Thou shall not allow a nonbeliever to live) The Dutch and the Germans learned that lesson the hard way and very nearly lost their countries in the process. In fact, the jury is still out for the Dutch. I believe the Aussies will be a bit harder nut for them to crack, but the Muslims have already come out swinging in Australia and the Australians are staggered in shock! Our neighbors to the north have also taken a hard line with immigration from the middle east and Great Britain has pretty much slammed their doors to them now. Especially after that horrific murder of the Palace Guard. The French have always had an easy going attitude about foreign immigration from around the Med and now they are paying dearly for it. France is no longer France, at best, it is Framuslim. The south of France is, for all intents and purposes a Muslim territory.

We already have enclaves here in our country that are attempting to make Sharia Law our law. Ohio is a hotbed and, as one would expect, they are very strong in California. A surprise is their strength in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas. If we are not careful, we will have areas of the United States where our Constitution is not valid and where the only law is Sharia. That is being tested now in the courts in a case where a Muslim father killed his daughter, claiming he was required to do so under Sharia Law. He ran her down with his SUV!

Charles Bird

SeaBird

on this I have to point out that the Nazi's, Pol-pot and Stalin did a massive amount of killing without any help from religion. Religion is not the problem, power and the desire to dominate others are the problems. The fact some use religion for this does not mean religion or religious beliefs are wrong. The US would not exist without a strong Religious Jewish-Christian backdrop that made it possible to begin with. 

Now if you really want SICK and I do mean SICK.... ISIS has gone to a new level of depravity by bringing back laws of slavery and the use of slave women including this outrageous B.S. from their own websites: "It is permissible to have intercourse with the female slave who hasn't reached puberty if she is fit for intercourse. However, if she is not fit for intercourse, he can only enjoy her without intercourse."

I agree with Kyle that one can have terrorism without the umbrella of religion, the  fanaticism however, remains, regardless of the protective cover. In Hitler's case, his fanaticism bordered on a kind of religion and, like the Muslims, it was a religion of hate and pure evil. The same can be said of Pol Pot. In Stalin's case, it was pure power. He was no more a dedicated Communist than I am, but he used it as a cover to control a major portion of the Human Race.

All rabid dictators have something in common with the religious zealots and that is intolerance. In all cases, it boils down to power and control. Some of them may even appear to be benign, but just try crossing them and you will see the sword just beneath the tablecloth!

Do not be deceived by a gentle smile and kind words, it dictator is ALWAYS a dictator and his aim is control.

Charles Bird

SeaBird

I agree with Kyle that one can have terrorism without the umbrella of religion, the  fanaticism however, remains, regardless of the protective cover.

Indeed, I'd argue that while fanaticism is most often associated with religion, it's not the religion that's the issue, it's the fanaticism.

This obscenely cowardly attack has even divided the area's fanatics...

Per a NBC News article: "Peshawar School Massacre Splits Afghan, Pakistani Militant Groups" this cowardly attack by sub-humans [my word for the attackers and the leaders that gave the order] on innocents has divided major Taliban groups in the area of conflict.

Sadly this so called split and recrimination may be just lip service by the Taliban leadership trying to deflect blame and public opinion from themselves...

... Hate is so ingrained in their souls that nothing can get by it in their minds. It MAY come about that we must place them in a zoo-like environment and fence them off from the rest of the world.

Whatever we we, it is going to have to be soon and it is going to be very bloody.

Charles Bird

SeaBird

I wholeheartedly agree with SeaBird that this threat must be squashed hard and soon... for if not this situation can and probably will cause a third world war that will lead to our current civilizations collapse.

My question though is will the nations under threat have the will power to wage what is needed to win it... Like Roland wrote in his latest chapter of 'New Beginnings'...

Will we be able 'to make the hard choices' or will we do a 'Neville Chamberlain' like appeasement policy that will lead to more innocent deaths then what would have happened if we did make those 'Hard Choices'????