And the Adventure Begins!

Kyle Aarons

The captain gives a snort, "It would be a fool to know horsemanship and not take a look at the animal you about to ride, so be my guest. Reld, you should take the heavy one, your armor and gear are the whole reason I am getting you a heavy horse, and I would really like it back if posible. Now, get moving, the lkonger they have the brat the more harm that is likly to come to him!"

"I too know how to ride a horse although I have trained myself...I am Elan'fal, pleased to meet you Reld, may your prowess in battle aid us and you in living through this madness." Elan'fal tells to the young human and gives him his hand in friendship.

Horse riding! Zemzelett is no stranger to horses although the only animal he rode for any amount of time was a little pony. His parents didn't think he was strong enough to handle a horse all by himself. From the various injuries he's seen befalling some of the Troupe's equestrian performers, he was inclined to agree and was consequently compliant to his parents' wishes.

Looking wistfully at the equipment he discarded, the scrawny half elf marches off with Eghas to meet the horses. That's strange, he thinks to himself. I could have sworn I dropped that crossbow over there. The stray thought quickly vanished as his excitement on riding real horses builds to a crescendo.

Weight notes: Zemzelett w/ armor: 126 lbs; Weapons and gear: 47 lbs; Saddle and bags: 30 lbs; Total Weight: 203 lbs.

Reld gives a nod to Elan'fal and grips his hand as hard as he does all the others but doesn't let go until after he speaks. "Not my prowess, our prowess. We work as a team and we will bring back the head of the Bugbear and celebrate our victory over the beast with a campfire to warm our bones after a cold bath in a clear, ice filled, stream! Now, check your equipment, for I want to travel light, move fast, and get the bounty! This will be the first coins I have owned since being turned over as a pit fighting slave!"

"I am all ready to go when everyone is. I always try to carry myself light, so a dagger and a short stuff to channel...unpleasantness to our foes from afar is more or less all that I need except some clothing and food." He says to Reld and waits on the others.

Quelten quickly kneels down, empties his pack, and begins sorting items.  He keeps his equipped warhammer, chainmail, and shield, but leaves behind the spike gauntlets.  He also takes the longbow and all sixty arrows, as well as a spare dagger.  

Reviewing the rest of his kit, he mutters about climbing, or prisoners, and adds rope and pitons, then the rations and his healers kit.  Finally he adds a waterskin and tinderbox, then cinches his pack tight.  Frowning at the gear left behind, he picks up the other two daggers and slips them in his sash.  "We should have asked if the boys have any combat training," he sighs.  "Hopefully they can at least use daggers.  Vorador, you said you've seen the boys before.  How old are they?  Are they likely to have any training at all?"