Play by post Role Playing

ken barber

I would recommend using the link, doing the point buy for stats then adjusting for age if needed. (do not put anything into Sanity or Honor- those will play out during the game)

this link handles all the quirks of character generation in extremely good detail.

Post basic information here.  send me PM with full character.

Remember what you post here is available for all to see, and you may not want people knowing everything about your character.

Once we have enough characters, I will get into the "meat" of the game in the PBP forum when it is up and running

Okay.I've been away from D&D too long. That was beyond me; I only know high, wood and dark. If I do an elf which should I choose to give diversity?

lol there's been introduced some celestial sub-races. Eladrin is one of those, you can google it and it will show up for more information.

Any you want I think....dunno what everyone else is getting though but if you get something then I think others won't....? Go to page 5 kyle has given a very handy character creation link, has a small learning curve but after that its easy and nice to use.

Jeikor,

use the link I provided and create your character from that.

it will walk you though the step by step process.

still need at least  a couple of more players.

I have the full characters from AB and Ken Jeikor, do a copy and post from the generated character from the link and I will figure it out. It does not come across cleanly, but I can manage :)

What I would recommend posting is something like this:

Name: Korril

Race: Mtn Dwarf

Societal age (apparent age): 19

Muscular with braded back hair and piercing blue eyes

Talks of following the teachings of the master of metal and is a bit preachy about the god of metal working

Doesn't appear too nimble, seem pretty intelligent and his words, while filling with a desire to show the appeal of the Master of Metal, is filled with a decent amount of wisdom. For a being of the cloth, gaining followers my be hampered by his pushy nature and less than good looks.

(this gives a general idea of Str, Con, Dex, Int, Wis, and Char without giving the actual stats. It also all but identifies him as a cleric of the god of metal working.)

Since the rest of the character development is going to be by PBP, the others will get to know your character based on actions and words. 

Remember, starting gear will be handled by me as part of the opening scenes

Name: Elan'fal

Race: Male Wood Elf

Societal age: 16

Lean and exercised from leaving outside all his life. A survivor who has not as of yet met any of his kin. He can learn languages easy and has a strong affinity to nature and magic. He looks the world through intelligent eyes full of caution and worry but when he'll get to know someone and call him a friend he is fiercely loyal. Long blond hair and a baby face can make others easily trust him.

Name:  Quelten Beurden

Race:  Human

A tall, wiry boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, Quelten is a Beurden of Beurden, fifth son of his noble family. As a Beurden of Beurden he is, of course, noble, honorable, intelligent, fair, courteous, and in all ways a genuinely superior being. And he makes sure everyone around him knows it, thank you very much. The first boy was the heir, second boy went into the military. The third child was a girl, and is currently hunting at court for a husband. They don't discuss child #4, whose choices shamed the family. Since his elder brother went into the military, Quelten was sent to the priesthood to better bring honor to the family.

I'm leaning in the direction of having him be age 14, but I haven't fully decided.

Name: Innil Siannodel the Archer

Race: Male Moon Elf

Societal Age: 20

Thin but deceptively strong and extremely nimble. His silver skin, shoulder length,straight black hair and sapphire blue eyes generates reactions that cause Innil to either try too hard or turn very shy. He is also good at languages and magic and survival. 

Number 5 has arrived!

Name: Eghas

Race: Tiefling

Societal Age: 22

Often seen wearing a cowled cloak, Eghas is a 6'1 humanoid, with demonic lineage. He has a long barbed tail, and small stubbed horns protruding form his forehead. He is very lithe and quick on his feet. Does not speak much, but when he does, he expects his words to be listened to. Born as an urchin in a large city, he scraped and fought to learn the ways of the woods that were plentiful near his home.

Speaking of something else, when is Ken going to give us a glimpse of his character? Inquiring minds want to know! :D 

Yes, when!??! :D

AB would be just the person to tell it too!! :P  :D  I am quite sure that the two elves would not be the butt of the joke either!! :lol:  :P  :D 

*whistles innocently looking away with evil grin* Whatever do you mean?! :D:P

OK... HANG ON, I will post the initial starting situation in the next couple of hours.

Look for the opening situation in a new thread.

I will also start a few other threads: one for anyone to comment, one for players to chat between themselves, one for background information, and the final one for actual game play, where you post what your characters are gong to be doing.

Be ready to CRINGE at the opening situation........

Brother Barret
Male Human Acolyte Cleric 1

Age 17

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 195 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Light Brown
Hair: Dark Brown Wavy; Beardless

Strong and Gentle, Exceptionally well educated, Combat training has given him a rugged look. He is outgoing and pleasant, Often very optimistic and cheery