Play by post Role Playing

ken barber

It slightly makes fun of a subject and is little exaggerated.

Well ofc it is exaggerated...that's why it is great lol :D I can already see meh!! "<char name> concentrated and using his psyonic abilities tore the wall to shreads allowing them passage out of the prison. The guards were ill-equiped to handle him. Five guards flew backwards knocked uncontious against the wall as a psy-burst radiated outwards from his mind.

He turned to his friends. "See? Told ya we'd get out of here in no time!" Pressing a finger on his lips. "Hmmm...now to find a spaceship out of this rock!" He said and walked out of the rubble.

:D

Lol I'm not really into that stuff, not nearly as much as elves, etc, sci-fi, star wars etc etc but I can live with it...maybe start something and if I really don't like it...I have my vampire char walk out in the daylight...:P

Many moons ago I ran a weekend live action World of Darkness game.  It was White Wolf Games' Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling and Mage.  I've also run online comic book style games (X-Brats) and run and played many other systems, Rifts predominantly.  So picking a genre and running with it shouldn't be a problem.  Like I said before, we have a lot of really creative people here.  Just a matter of sorting out the direction and then playing in the gray areas.

well this topic sure faded: all without any kind of consensus

So I will toss out this- Who would like to play in a D&D fifth ed play by post campaign with me running it.

If we get enough response I will give a great deal more details in the coming days. I would want at lest five committed players, preferably more and would expect either a post with 48 hours or a warning that you cannot post within that time frame and allow me to take an action for you. If you are going out of town or can't jump on for a bit you can give me guidelines for your character to operate under.

waiting to see the level of interest....

Here is a good link to build your starting character from: you will have to input stats, not roll them

http://www.pathguy.com/ddnext.htm

Do not worry about buying equipment. I will handle that in the first few posts.

The starting enviornmet will be a port city with heavy woods to the north and west and rugget mountians to the south.

I will not tell you anymore information. Also try to get some more players so we can kick this off!

Here is some basic background rules for character creation. I will be using a point buy system for stats so everyone strat out on equal footing

Point buy cost per stat: (purchase stats before race modifiers)-

All characters start with 29 points to buy stats:

Remember you must account for all 6 stats

Stat score     Point buy cost   Stat bonus in game

7                         -1                         -2

8                          0                         -1

9                          1                         -1

10                        2                          0

11                        3                          0

12                        4                         +1

13                        5                         +1

14                        7                         +2

15                        9                         +2

16                        12                       +3

17                        15                       +3

18                        19                       +4

D&D Age chart for Castel Roland game After character is complete adjust stats for age as below:

Keep in mind this as the age of appearance- since different races age differently, this would be a child appearing as the ages listed below

Age 1-7 not permissible to play

Age 8-9

Str    -3

Dex  -2

Con  -2

Int     -2

Wis   -4

Char -1

Age 10-11

Str      -2

Dex     -1

Con     -1