Mark C.

Mark C.

Greetings all!

Wow, what to say? A blank page and I have 10,000 things running through my mind. I guess a bit about me... I am 62, happily partnered for 39 years and last year we were able to be legally married in WA state. Originally a science teacher (biology, chemistry and physics) and then went into computers and worked for a medical device company for 27 years. Now retired and we sold our house and just travel now while we have our health and the stock market is up. Spend six months in Europe and the rest here in the States, right now in Palm Springs for a month and then in Tucson for two months before heading back to Europe.

I have joined this site because of two things. A friend just recently had his story accepted here and I have been editing it. I admit to not being a professional editor but I really enjoy doing it and would like to pick up some advice on how to do it better. And the second reason? Many years ago, wrote a children's story and while it needs illustrations, sent it off to a bunch of publishers and of course received a bunch of rejections back. "Wally Koala" sits in my computer to this day. One day would like to possibly write M/M stories or even possibly more of "Wally Koala". And will be very open and honest and tell you the thought of writing a M/M story has scared me so much, I have not done it. There are so many good authors out there (next on my list is to read "Cyclone" by an author on this site) that I feel so inadequate and intimidated. The story I am editing now for my friend is so dang good and I am supposed to compete with him?

So joined this site to see if I can better my editing and possibly my writing skills in the future. I welcome e-mails, new friends, boos and hurrahs.

Mark

Mark,

Welcome, First and foremost all of us are freaking terrified when we first sit down to the keyboard then we bang out a story and send it to an editor and our terror level rises again. Then the editor send its back with really nice comments so we send it to the website and our anxiety damn near lands us in the emergency room.Then the first comment comes and we read it through fingers across our eyes heart beating so fast we think we are having a heart attack. But then we realize damn people actually like this? What are they crazy? is this site only available in assylums?(That part might be true).

The point is Mark you don't know until you try and once you do try you never stop judging yourself. Even when people are raving about your story you want to take their tempature to see if they are running a fever. 

So with that said when can we expect the first chapter?

Oh and By The Way congratulation to you and Husband. 

Ken Barber

Thank you both Zach and Ken for a nice welcome. I admit I almost did not join the site as my inner chickeness was winning but then I girded my loins (I did what?) and pressed the Enter key. Gave it some thought last night and between my husband, my author friend and Ken's heartfelt advice, I am at the brink... I do have to see about word processing on an IPad but Google Docs may solve that... If I can get the word processing solved, then one step closer to cliff edge.

Hey Mark!

First off, welcome to the insane asylum... ummm.. i mean forums!

Second, we all needed some help with our first chapters.  i mean if you want i can tell you some stories about my first chapters, and what i had to do to make them presentable.  LOL

Third.. if you need help with Google docs, just let us know, we have some people who use it exclusively, and can help you figure out the bugs.

finally.  When can we schedule the first chapters to go live.  we have an opening next Thursday with your name on it!

Just kidding... well sort of.  Anyways, and seriously, if you need ANY help, just let us know.

Oh Most High One!

Thank you for acknowledging this poor peasant toiling away in your fields... All hail the Emperor!

Even though I can not believe what I am about to say, I am actually looking forward to getting 4 chapters done and submitted. Hey, I'm used to the slings and arrows of misfortune and brickbats thrown at me. And thank you Emperor for the opportunity.

Mark