Chick Flicks

ken barber

Recently had a discussion with someone where the movie "Steel Magnolias" came into discussion. The movie was quickly dismissed as a Chick Flick and while the label may be accurate I think  this is a turn off for a lot of guys. "Steel Magnolias" is a classic american movie, hilarious at times, and real tear jerker at other. If you have not watched this because its a "Chick Flick" when no one is around and your not concerned about someone questioning your masculinity give it a whirls its amazing. (Have the tissues handy)

• 6 months later...

Saw it, loved it. Cried, too. All six or seven times I've watched it. Yeah...I like chick flicks, I like action movies. I like car chases and explosions and espionage and machines taking over the world. I like comic book movies, though I never read a comic book in my life. I like Nicholas Sparks books and movies, though the movie is never as good as the book. I like all the Star Trek movies - especially the newest two. I've watched Star Wars too many times to count. The Bourne Trilogy - books and movies - are some of my favorites, too (Again, books don't even resemble the movies).  I like romantic comedies a lot! Romantic drama even more. Not concerned about my masculinity levels. I am concerned about my bank account - the price of movies is astronomical these days....don't get me started.....