Twas the Night Before Christmas

After further Discussion, the adminstrators took Hunters concerns about the event seriously and decided on a compromise. All the stories, Halloween and Christmas, will be released during the Castle Roland Annversary this coming April (with the authors permission of course). Unfortunatly that was too long of a wait for Hunter so he still elected to not participate. We were going to keep this a secret and surprise everyone one with it at once however in light of the current conversation, I want to make sure no one thinks we are excluding anyone from anything. We pride ourselves on being an all inclusive non judgemental group. That is why when Hunter brought his concerns to us we came up with the Anniversary idea as a compromise. Hunter is more than welcome to post his story on the website in January as are any of the resident authors.  We  only wanted to have a little fun here and create a something a little different and unique for you the members of the forum.

We hope you enjoy the all the event submission on Chistmas day.

It just occurred to me... I don't have a clue who this "Super Secret Santa Helper Elf" is!

I can't even use my Web-Fu to force Ken to tell me, since the story will not go up on the story-site. Drats!!

Are you kidding me and risk pissing off Santa who ordered the secrecy nope no such luck you couldnt pry it out of me with....................lets not go there.

There are a lot of things that could be done... All in the name of being the, um, Court Jester!

On the story site, it is not at all difficult to flip a few switches and every time you clicked on Ken's name, or one of his stories... You just might wind up with, say, Eric Aune! Yeah! That would be a blast, hmmm?

There are some really. really ugly skins out there... Ken? Zach? how would it be to logon and find yourself viewing through one of those? (betting I can find 25 different ugly skins)

Yes, as the evil court jester, this is all right up my alley!

What say Kids? Want to play? Hmmmm? (evil laugh in the background)

There are a lot of things that could be done... All in the name of being the, um, Court Jester!

On the story site, it is not at all difficult to flip a few switches and every time you clicked on Ken's name, or one of his stories... You just might wind up with, say, Eric Aune! Yeah! That would be a blast, hmmm?

There are some really. really ugly skins out there... Ken? Zach? how would it be to logon and find yourself viewing through one of those? (betting I can find 25 different ugly skins)

Yes, as the evil court jester, this is all right up my alley!

What say Kids? Want to play? Hmmmm? (evil laugh in the background)

Dont make me get the big guy involved Allen things would not turn out well for you.

'Twas the night Before Christmas and all through the Castle

The walls were all decked with bows and tassel

The laptops were all put in their cases with care

In hopes  A Christmas story would soon be there.

The Authors all nestled snug in their beds

While visions best left unsaid danced in their heads

Roland in his 'kercheif,  Rilbur in his cap,

had just settled down for a long cozy nap.

when out in the hall there arose such a clatter

Roland sprung from his bed to see what was the matter.

He threw open the door and tore down the stair

on the way down he tripped over Juan's Teddy Bear

The Candlelight on the mantle glistened against the Night

The twinkle from the Christmas tree made the Hall bright

And what to his wondering eyes should appear

A shiny Christmas story to bring to all cheer.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Night.

Forum Members Ready for A Christmas treat? 

Forum members, check your stockings!  

We have 6 gifts to share with you, come Christmas morn.  

Shiny and new, but only Forum members can see them.

We hope you enjoy and have a wonderful Holiday Season

!!!!Plus as a bonus Santa has selected a special elf helper to write a super secret special suprise!!!!

We have decided to group these story and the Halloween stories into an anthology and release them in conjunction with the Castle Roland Anniversary in April

After further Discussion, the adminstrators took Hunters concerns about the event seriously and decided on a compromise. All the stories, Halloween and Christmas, will be released during the Castle Roland Annversary this coming April (with the authors permission of course). Unfortunatly that was too long of a wait for Hunter so he still elected to not participate. We were going to keep this a secret and surprise everyone one with it at once however in light of the current conversation, I want to make sure no one thinks we are excluding anyone from anything. We pride ourselves on being an all inclusive non judgemental group. That is why when Hunter brought his concerns to us we came up with the Anniversary idea as a compromise. Hunter is more than welcome to post his story on the website in January as are any of the resident authors.  We  only wanted to have a little fun here and create a something a little different and unique for you the members of the forum.

We hope you enjoy the all the event submission on Chistmas day.

Yes indeed this compromise was proposed after I brought out my concerns and it was deeply appreciated, but a Christmas story way in April is a bit far out there and as you said it was meant to be a secret so my readers would have been extremely unhappy with me that I excluded 95% of them.  In addition, it took my control away from my story as to being able to post it after the event.  The only choice given in this regard is to have to wait until April if I so chose to have it posted then.  Again, it was a very nice compromise on the administrations part, but once the story was posted in the forum section it sort of seems like I've lost all rights to my story being posted in the web page section.  So in this regard I opted not to wait until April and exercise my right to retain control of my story by having it posted in the web page portion instead of the forum page.

Once more this was completely my fault from the start at having the assumption I retained control over my story if posted in the forum section for this event.  I prefer to retain control over my stories, but I can also understand why you wouldn't want to have an author post their story in the web page section at least during the same time as the event.  Totally understandable, just not understandable why they can't be posted after the holidays for the rest of the author's readers except to give exclusive only reading rights to forum members.  I view perks and benefits a bit differently for forum members than what the administration team visualized for this event.  No one's fault except for mine in how I viewed those benefits versus the way it was intended to be seen by the administration.

Despite all of the misunderstandings this "WILL" still be a fun event for all concerned.  

Attention community. I am happy to see that you all are having fun jesting each other. But I would like to remind you all that there is a place and time for everything. This, however, is not the proper place or time to engage in suggestive innuendos. Also some of the pictures, while not crossing the line are getting close. I encourage everyone to tread carefully and to please return to the main purpose of this thread.

I am sure that our community is very much excited for the stories to come.

Just wanted to let you know, that there is a chance I may have a story for this as well.  I just don't know if it will be done in time.  The idea just occured to me a couple of days ago and although I have about 6 1/2 pages done so far, I've still got plenty to go to get it to a conclusion.  If I don't make it in time, and I'm able to bring it to a proper conclusion, I will submit it or maybe I'll wait until next year.