Adventure Quest

Zach Caldwell

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad you joined us Roger. Kyle, I am sure you know, has many stories going so it might take some time for new chapters of his various stories to release. But I think it a good bet that so long as Kyle is able we can expect future chapters. Waiting is not always a bad thing, right? :) Glad you are enjoying the stories.

• 3 months later...

Of all the Kyle Aarons stories I follow, this one has, by far, the least conflict. There's no single big bad mastermind, so we're limited to man versus nature conflicts, which is not a necessarily bad thing in this case. That way, I can read this as a straight out exploration story and not have the same amount of withdrawal syndrome I experience with, say, Kandric, Brile or O'Connor.

• 4 months later...

I've reread this story quite a bit recently, and have come up with the following things I'm curious about. These mostly pertain to Earth stuff, so since the foreseeable future will have the children take advanced course in Zong, none of that would be spoilerish.

1. What is the political unit in the United States? Clearly, there are mega-city CHZes that incorporate several locates under one jurisdiction. Do States still exist? Is there still a U.S. President? Or does all power belong to the CHZes?
  2. How was it possible to achieve such a high population without a ruinous war for land and resources, which, given the existence of nuclear weapons (since World War 2 definitely happened) would do wonders in depopulating the world? (I'm making the relatively safe assumption of course that nuclear Armageddon never occurred)
  3. Where does the Explorer Corps belong in the political scheme of things? Are they federally sanctioned? Internationally sanctioned? Since, it seems they have the power to hold back the CHZes from colonizing Zong.
  4. Given that there are billions of humans, 0.017% of that is still a rather big number - that's 170,000 per billion. Assuming the official Earth population of 60 billion, that's around ten million psionics running around. Surely it's not possible to put a lid around all of that, such that it is not known among the general populace?
  5. Hypothetical question. Had Jasper been discovered using psionics by the authorities instead of the Watch, what's the worst that can happen to him?

Finally, I have a minor question. Here is a passage from the latest chapter:

Oh bull!" Dwight shouted, "You have done everything to make all of this happen. Sure, you may not have actually done some of the rescuing, but you were part of my rescue and you're the reason the others were found. No one, except you, forged your training camp into a… well, a well lubed worker robot, either!"

How exactly was Robin part of Dwight's rescue? If memory serves, Dwight, Saul, and Benji were already found and bought to the ISTAZ camp before Robin had a chance to do any rescuing?

Hmm.  Good question.  I think that Dwight might have made that comment based on the "undisclosed information" that Robin seemed to have knowledge of.  That's the only thing I can think of.

As for the rest of the questions, pure speculation says that there is still a Federal Government type of entity in overall charge of all the CHZs just because of the comment about the water dispute that practically destroyed the NashAtl CHZ mentioned in an earlier chapter.  Just a guess, though.  

Roger

I think the US has become a great perverse kind of groupings of commonwealth territories due to the huge population so clustered in the CHZ'S states have become subservient to them controlling only basic things like certain legal and social items. This is much like a county does for towns and villages in commonwealth states today. I'm sure the roll of the federal government has become more like the UN, settling disputes between the CHZ'S and protecting the welfare of the nation as a whole.

Because the Explorer Corp. spans several CHZ'S I am sure it's federally run and other countries have their own programs

more than likely jasper would have been taken and locked up and been been used or experimented on. plus I believe most psonics don't know they are psonics. they just use it without knowing it or hide it cause they feel differently and are afraid. so its not that far of a leap to understand that there are not more discovered. not to mention that's a global number so other countries have their own programs. 

Kaius

• 2 months later...

Adventure Quest is my favorite of all of Kyle's stories apart from Kandric, and I really hope he will revisit it and go on writing it.

I think what I like most about it is that, more than any of Kyle's other stories, it doesn't rely on weaponry or technology, but just on human ingenuity. The way the world unfolds bit by bit draws the reader in, and it seems every chapter opens a new vista of potentials. But it is always the strengths of the characters - not only the narrator, but all of the cast -- that overcomes the obstacles, not fire-power or superior technological ability.

Every time I read it, the end comes as such a let-down -- there is so much more to explore and to discover. And I do read it again and again as I find it so exciting and engaging. I just wish it was still being updated.

Kyle: if you see this, please pick this one up again and continue the adventure! There's so much more that can be done with this story, so many unresolved plot lines, so many engaging characters and fascinating relationships, so many promised developments ... Please, please, go on with this story!

• 1 year later...

as I have said to several before. My mood has to be just right to work on AQ. it is just too 'fluffy' for me most of the time.

However, there is a federal government. it is a powerful and mostly hidden entity that steps in when needed but other than to keep the peace and try to find ways to keep everything from colasping in on itself, it stays in power though technology and the use of the wormhole gate. it also runs the AQ program and the explorer corps. it keeps the population under some semblance of control by providing hope, but that is becoming harder which is the problem with keeping Zong  basically uncolonized. 

as far as robin playing a part in benji and company, the only reason they are on the planet and there is hope of finding others is Robin. At least that is the way they see it

• 3 months later...

I have read it several times myself and still waiting for a new chapter.  It is the story that I have come across first and the reason I read the rest of Kyle stories, I like all of them.

I follow each new chapters coming out on any of his stories but this one its been a long time since anything was posted unfortunately, I wait for this and Kandric but I believe Kandric is posted first on another site before getting here.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of it.

Hi, Guest Wizard,

I'm very happy that someone tells again to Kyle Aarons that many readers like his stories very much and are still hoping he comes to the mood to write new chapters for some of his stories : Adventures Quest  but Geek squad too and some others.

And, of course, thank you again to Kyle Aarons for taking the time to write very good stories.

Guest Wizard

I did like geek squad but I thought he might have stopped mostly because it is set in another universe he has not created himself and just wasn't into this universe anymore.

He's working on so many different stories it might be hard to get back on some others like this one, even harder when it is not the universe you created since you have to follow what other are writing as well making it more complex to get back into it.

But this story is his own universe so I hope he gets back into it one of these days and add us some new chapters.

Guest Wizard

You don't always need a villain to make things interesting in stories or books as you said.  In this it is more man vs nature and when they fly in space its also man vs the dangers of space travels.  It could also be psychological where the danger comes from the mind of the characters themselves.  I'm sure you have all seen movies where there was no villains before, they are not needed all the time they just add an extra layer to the story when there but not always necessary.

Also I wouldn't say there isn't a villain per say in the story since the government is in a way one if they don't find enough kids the government plant to takes over the place and move people from earth but since they also provide them with the means to get their and adventure quest as a whole at same time makes them not so bad after all.

Furthermore nothing stops Kyle from adding some in the future either.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/6/2019 at 8:38 PM, Guest Wizard said:

Furthermore nothing stops Kyle from adding some in the future either.

I was just thinking that as I was reading the posts here.  while it takes a lot of work for Kyle, I'm sure that if there is enough interest in this story from readers, it may be able to be continued into "The Adventures and Quests of the Explorer Corps ISTAZ Cadets" or something along that line.  

• 1 month later...

Yes there was, but that was between those with Psionic powers,  I don't think we will hear from those again because I doubt they are present on Zorg, maybe they would try to sneak some on the ship after they rescued enough children, but even then from what I understand the core and robin will pick who will be on it so it might be impossible for spies to be on board that ship when it happens.

My understanding of their travel there and back to earth in the story is that it is through a controlled worm hole that they even made unstable on the return for their cover story and that it is controlled by the corps or government and to be used the ships would need authorization from them, so it wouldn't be as easy as you make it sound for a ship to get there and slip in spies, the spies would have to be the children coming to adventure quests themselves.

• 2 years later...