Adventure Quest

Zach Caldwell

Keep in mind I have done 50,000 word chapters in my past.... I like detail and want to put out works that I enjoy writing. The nice thing about not having some publisher beating on me about word counts is I can express things the way I like to. Still I would love to have a published novel at some point...

As a side note: A few of my stories I keep to reasonable sizes, (AQ, Day of N, Re-E) but beware if you want to read some of my other stuff. It may take a bit longer than you expect :P

thanks for the kind words and I am working on the next chapter of AQ along with a couple of other chapters of other stories.

If you haven't read it already, check out Silver Wolf's books over at Wolfwalker's site.  From what I understand, Silverwolf has actually had the first book published.  I've seen the cover art.  I have, like most of the stories here and on wolfsnest, read it multiple times and enjoy every bit of it every time.  Sadly, it has been a while since he's added to it, so I hope he hasn't lost interest.  

He's another one that doesn't seem to worry about word count; he writes with the amount of detail necessary to keep the storyline moving.  Sometimes it is extremely detailed, other times he glosses over things a bit.  Works for me.

• 1 month later...

Wow! What a great chapter (11). Of course, they're all great. I really, really love this story. I'm hooked, and I don't even like this genre, generally. The characters are extremely interesting - the little things like Fairfax's fear of public speaking - these are examples of a great writer fleshing out a person with "realness". I certainly hope, Kyle, you are already writing the next chapter and the one to come after that. I would read 100 chapters of this one. I hope it never ends. Seriously.

I have to agree with Jack.  I started this one last week and read the first ten chapters over a couple of days.  I was pleasantly surprised to see another chapter posted this week.  I'm hooked on another Castle story!

Robin seems to we winning over most of his fellow students, but I get the feeling that Randy is going to be a problem. 

Thanks for another great story, Kyle.

AQ is one of those stories that when the inspiration hits I can churn out 3 or 4 chapters then in fades away. There are still a couple more unposted chapters out there...

So post them already...why make us suffer...so cruel, these authors. They manipulate our hearts and minds and leave us hanging in miserable wanton lust for more. Oh wait...I've got readers waiting for more, too. Crap! I guess I better start writing again myself. Fine...I'll wait, Kyle, but hopefully not so long that Earth falls apart and we have no where else to go. I don't think I'd survive the ISASTZ training. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

A big thank you for your new chapter 16. I like all your stories very much but unfortunately I'm not very good at English writing. I'm a French reader of you and my English is very bad.

I hope you have still many chapters of this story, in store for us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...