Brave Lake Manor

Zach Caldwell

I really am enjoying this story; the characters are well-done and very believable. Even my favorite, Malthe, He is very intriguing and love that you have made him as smart about human relations as he is about math and everything else. Many have a highly intelligent character practically be a robot disregarding human interactions. Of course anyone who watches Big Bang Theory on TV knows this can be very funny. But for this type story I prefer the way you have made Malthe. Please, please, please, let him be okay.

Lol I seriously do not like Sheldon!!! But I love the series lol. Actually part of my Malthe inspiration is Jake from the series "touch" and partly from a japanese anime I had seen a few years back where its main protagonist is a girl with super empathy abilities that uses them to help other ppl. So the combination of those two is Malthe.

Actually part of my Malthe inspiration is Jake from the series "touch" 

I didn't watch that show and wasn't familiar with the character so I looked it up and the description of Jake almost matches how Malthe could be described although I think Malthe's genius extends to more things than they described Jake. I will have to take your word on the anime.

It is always fun to learn where writer's get their ideas. Thanks! :) 

Gawd  I really do hate cliff hangers but man I am excited to read the next chapter :)  can't wait. :) love the story. 

I'm with you on that, jamie13. 

Okay now we know Malthe will survive but I agree with Peter; no more losses. I want Ryan to get better and for Jack and Terry to get what's coming to them. I  almost hope the Constable can't get them just to see Peter take them apart.

Keep up the good work!  Can't wait for next week's update!  Does anyone have a time machine I can borrow?  LOL

Gawd  I really do hate cliff hangers but man I am excited to read the next chapter :)  can't wait. :) love the story. 

Hehe yeah as a reader I HATE cliff hangers....as an author though I love them. It is an excellent tool to keep readers excited and see who is actually reading, who is skimming through and who only just about read the sex scenes...lol Those that start sending emails "PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!!!" Have read it lol :P

Okay now we know Malthe will survive but I agree with Peter; no more losses. I want Ryan to get better and for Jack and Terry to get what's coming to them. I  almost hope the Constable can't get them just to see Peter take them apart.

Keep up the good work!  Can't wait for next week's update!  Does anyone have a time machine I can borrow?  LOL

I can't remember if it was a series/movie or a book but I've read/heard somewhere that evil creates that which will destroy it....vague enough? :P

Only two more chapters to go, last one's being the epilogue and next story is almost half way written. What you ask will be the next story? *shrugs shoulders*

p.s. hint: look at my "location" :P

Great! I'm glad you like the story! :D time machine....hmmm contact Malthe I'm sure he can invent something for ya :P

Ahhh, sigh of relief, Glad to see the bro's made it, and I loved how peter kicked arse. Its great can't wait for the next chapter.  Love the whole story!  I never took Aikido, but I do have my black belts in Okinawa Gōjū-ryū  and in Jujitsu, but have never put them to the test since I was taught almost the same principals of Aikido.  I have the best Sensei in the world IMO.  So I can relate to it all in the story. :) can't wait till next week.  :)   

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Loved that Ryan will be okay. Also loved the scene of Peter taking Jack's whole gang apart. Many writers don't let the antagonists get what is really coming to them; they opt for the legally correct way. Kind of looking forward to the Epilogue. Want more to read but not ready for this story to end. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks again.

Hey Jamie13,

I have a black belt in Tae Kwan Do. It is a Korean martial art. We were also taught to avoid a fight if possible. We were also taught to expect to be stabbed if in a fight with knives involved. So I too really related to this part of the story.

I wonder if AB is in martial arts or did some really good research?

Hey Jamie13,

I have a black belt in Tae Kwan Do. It is a Korean martial art. We were also taught to avoid a fight if possible. We were also taught to expect to be stabbed if in a fight with knives involved. So I too really related to this part of the story.

Maybe he'll tell us he seems to know his stuff:)  I am also trained in weapons as Ryūkyū Kobujutsu  I have a black belt there too also I am 3rd dan. So I can actually teach, I help at a local private charter school teaching kids, my best weapons are the bow staff, sai and nunchucks. I'm getting better with the bokken, and katana. The katana somewhat scares me a bit :) though it is fun splitting bamboo with one swipe LOL

Ahhh, sigh of relief, Glad to see the bro's made it, and I loved how peter kicked arse. Its great can't wait for the next chapter.  Love the whole story!  I never took Aikido, but I do have my black belts in Okinawa Gōjū-ryū  and in Jujitsu, but have never put them to the test since I was taught almost the same principals of Aikido.  I have the best Sensei in the world IMO.  So I can relate to it all in the story. :) can't wait till next week.   :)   

Yeah its nice to have a good Sensei. NOT someone like Jack lol martial arts should be about improving one's self not doing it so one can beat others or "prove" that he/she is better than them, Principle belief of Budo I think. I've been doing Aikido for some years now, started as a...therapeutic thing for me and kinda stuck with it but my Sensei is the best in the world IMO :P but yeah aikido is very similar in its principals to juijitsu and judo. 

Maybe he'll tell us he seems to know his stuff:)  I am also trained in weapons as Ryūkyū Kobujutsu  I have a black belt there too also I am 3rd dan. So I can actually teach, I help at a local private charter school teaching kids, my best weapons are the bow staff, sai and nunchucks. I'm getting better with the bokken, and katana. The katana somewhat scares me a bit :) though it is fun splitting bamboo with one swipe LOL

Hehe in Aikido we do Bokken and Bo :P although I may start Iaido (Misspelling it I know :P

Hey Jamie13,

AB has both :P answers in the previous posts plus some extra research.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Loved that Ryan will be okay. Also loved the scene of Peter taking Jack's whole gang apart. Many writers don't let the antagonists get what is really coming to them; they opt for the legally correct way. Kind of looking forward to the Epilogue. Want more to read but not ready for this story to end. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks again.

No, there would be no such "legal opting out" in this story. My childhood would not allow it. If I don't like what I write I cannot expect my readers to like it and I would not have liked Jack and Terry to escape with a slap on the wrist and some legal prison only... No. they had to have their arses handed to them :D Glad you're enjoying the story :D

That is the way I feel too. I have 4 children and if someone did something to them I would want to go after them myself. Tae Kwan Do does not use weapons but we did have a person who came to learn TKD that taught us a little about using the bo. I have also taught myself a little about knife fighting and  what cops use as a night stick (I can't remember the proper word for it). I am also fairly proficient with a bow and arrow, hatchet, crossbow, blowgun and slingshot.

Hehe in Aikido we do Bokken and Bo :P although I may start Iaido (Misspelling it I know :P

kewl.  There is a class near me tht teachs Aikido, I'm also a member of the gym  that offers the class I may just have to add some more belts to my walls. Well I prefer the certifactes more.  the same Gym offers Tae Kwon Do, so what the heck. I'm pretty quick to learn and I'm kinda like peter. sometimes my lion gets out it did the other day when I had a severe (well beyond severe cluster headache) and they tried to restrain me  and I laid out a nurse who was twice my size if it wasn't for someone specail (dont wanna give anything away) I think that's the only reason I didn't go further. but the pain of the headache and the fact they tried tieing me down brought the beast out. 

That is the way I feel too. I have 4 children and if someone did something to them I would want to go after them myself. Tae Kwan Do does not use weapons but we did have a person who came to learn TKD that taught us a little about using the bo. I have also taught myself a little about knife fighting and  what cops use as a night stick (I can't remember the proper word for it). I am also fairly proficient with a bow and arrow, hatchet, crossbow, blowgun and slingshot.

Tonfa I think is what you are looking for I am sure i spelled it wrong but it's close. I'm good with that too and can take most cops out LOL corse thy only get the basics in use and one of my friends is a sheriff and he saw me playing with my sai's on the deck and stopped and spotted the tonfa and I gave him a quick lesson LOL didn't hurt him but he learned to be careful cause I disarmed  him in 3 moves LOL 

kewl.  There is a class near me tht teachs Aikido, I'm also a member of the gym  that offers the class I may just have to add some more belts to my walls. Well I prefer the certifactes more.  the same Gym offers Tae Kwon Do, so what the heck. I'm pretty quick to learn and I'm kinda like peter. sometimes my lion gets out it did the other day when I had a severe (well beyond severe cluster headache) and they tried to restrain me  and I laid out a nurse who was twice my size if it wasn't for someone specail (dont wanna give anything away) I think that's the only reason I didn't go further. but the pain of the headache and the fact they tried tieing me down brought the beast out. 

LOL overachiever much!? :P Good I can't stand standing idle lol.

I came close to having to letting the beast out a few weeks ago. I was headed out for a run when I saw two older teens or young 20's chasing a boy who couldn't have been more than 13. I kept an eye on it as they yelled back  and forth. When one of them grabbed the boy and started hitting him I went back to them and the boy was let go.

They said he took something from them and he did throw something down before taking off. I told them it didn't matter because ganging up on a kid wasn't the right way to handle it. I waited until they left in the opposite direction as the boy. The first part of my run went faster than normal from the adrenaline.

I don't either, AB but with 4 children, a full time job, running, biking, and working out not much time left to learn a new martial art.

Jamie, I think you are right about the weapon name but I don't know the correct spelling either.

LOL overachiever much!? :P Good I can't stand standing idle lol.

Actually I strive to be the best person I can be considering my past I wont let them bastards win. so I charge forward instead of thinking about what was. 

Actually I strive to be the best person I can be considering my past I wont let them bastards win. so I charge forward instead of thinking about what was. 

Oh I wasn't critising :D And yeah I know what you mean...if I cried over spilled milk I'd be a basket case. can't change what has been, can only shape what is and will be.