Princess

Zach Caldwell

[Special Note: The new website is now live. As a result the links throughout this thread are invalid except for the latest posting to the thread. All of Multimapper stories can now be found at MultiMapper]

New Story

Chapter 1 can now be found at http://www.castleroland.net/library/author/multimapper

Edited by Zach Caldwell
Link website notification

Princess, is one of those stories that hits closer to home than I wanted to admit. So little is said about growing up, with a Father, who is actually absent as a Father-Figure.

How are boys to actually grow, as persons, when there is little to no role figure to pattern after?

There is enough identification with the character, Brain, to have brought long buried emotions to the surface. I suspect I'm not the only one, who grew up without any kind of father figure.

Thank you MM for bringing this to light.

Princess, is one of those stories that hits closer to home than I wanted to admit. So little is said about growing up, with a Father, who is actually absent as a Father-Figure.

How are boys to actually grow, as persons, when there is little to no role figure to pattern after?

There is enough identification with the character, Brain, to have brought long buried emotions to the surface. I suspect I'm not the only one, who grew up without any kind of father figure.

Thank you MM for bringing this to light.

Thank you, Alan. You got it! You got what I was trying to say. That doesn't always happen. My goal was to introduce the subject and hopefully stir up the emotions associated with it, then to show how with a little care and concern and the support of good friends, that Brian is able to overcome what seemed too overwhelming for him to deal with. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This was an amazing story. I couldn't stop reading it. Every scene is filled with truths and insights and understanding of how a young male struggles with adolescence and the fears and uncertainties that arise. It hit VERY close to home - from having to strip naked in fifth grade in front on my peers to starting high school and not being at all developed yet while other freshmen had hair everywhere. Thankfully I eventually caught up and wasn't so different. Now, trying to not look at the guys while they were naked - that's another story...grin.

Thank you, MM, for a beautiful story, and for addressing the reality we all face, and for giving us practical insight into how we can help the next generation coming up behind us.

• 1 year later...

MM,

Thank you so much for sharing this heartfelt story with us all , I myself had this same father that Brian had - He never came around even when I was suffering some deep depression in my 20's but my Granddad did , So I'm so grateful that he did . I hope others see the love & hopefulness shared here ,

Thank You,

.         John C