VOTE HERE: Halloween Story Competition 2014 EVENT ENDED

Halloween Story Competition  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Halloween Stories is your favorite?

• Story 1
    • Story 2
    • Story 3
    • Story 4
    • Story 5
    • Story 6
    • Story 7
    • Story 8
    • Story 9
    • Story 10

With 22 votes in at 6 am (EST) Sunday 10/26 this is how we stand

Story 3---4 votes

Story 6---3 votes

Story 8---3 votes

Story 10--3 votes

Story 1---2 votes

Story 5---2 votes

Story 7---2 votes

Story 2---1 vote

Story 4---1 vote

Story 9---1 vote

There is no clear favorite. With 3 days left its a nail bitter.

Holy toledo, lol, that is really close, but 22 votes so far that's doing pretty good.  I'm sure there are still readers out their moaning and groaning about which one they are going to cast their vote on.  It really was an agonizing choice, but in the end we all have to make that commitment.  I for one am glad it is such a tight race because it reflects the depth and talent of our authors and readers in general.  I'm told some of these stories were submitted by regular readers who aren't Resident Authors here on Castle Roland so that just goes to show how many talented people there are out there and the type of people this site draws.  I for one have appreciated everyone's efforts here and it shows just how much fun this event was for everyone.

SO WITH THREE DAYS LEFT...VOTE-VOTE-VOTE!!!

I voted for story 2 because of its setting, storyline and characterisation. It is beautifully crafted and uplifting, not despairing or ghoulish. A refreshing change. Having lived in a haunted house in Hertfordshire for over ten years I know that there is more to life than many care to know! Thank you for hosting the competition, thank you authors for putting your work out there for our enjoyment, it's been great. Halloween was my mums birthday and now I have another reason to remember Walpurgistnacht!

As of this moment, there have been 27 votes cast.  Assuming that the authors have all cast their own votes (possibly for themselves) that means at least 17 other members have voted.  We still need more votes, guys!  I'm not going to attempt to sway a vote one way or the other, but I do encourage all members to vote, ask friends to join the forum and read the stories and cast votes as well.  I will say that I do have a story in the competition, but I choose a story other than mine to vote for.  That being said, these are great reads, each with a different take on things.  There is terror, charm, wit, heart, hopes and dreams, love, loss and surprises shot throughout these tales.  Rally your friends and let's make the vote count soar!

Robby

Well Robby I have to say that is still a pretty good showing.  We have to consider that there may be a group of forum members who have read these stories but didn't vote.  Sometimes people are like that and don't vote or anything but sit quietly behind the scenes enjoying the story which is fine as well.  Besides from what I understand forum membership increased by 25% in one week which reflects perhaps people joining so they can enjoy the stories.  I have to assume there is a big enough group out there reading and enjoying the stories without voting.  I hope we get more votes, but all in all this has been a very good showing all the way around.

I almost wish I had voted for story 8 instead of story 7 -- when I went through and decided on my favorite, those two were neck-and-neck and hard to choose between.  Some of the others fell out really easily, but those two...

Hello Rilbur, you can change your vote if you want.  All you do is get back to the voting section and click on the new one you want and it automatically removes your old vote and puts in your new one.  So you basically still only get one vote but can change it if you want.

Just went and checked again to make sure about my response.  Yes you can change your vote.  I guess you click the delete my vote button and then select your new story you prefer.

Ah, but this is Halloween, where things are supposed to go bump in the night and evil lurks around every corner. This is the time to kill the fluffy bunny stories and leave them hanging on the tree devoid of spines.

If you don't get a chill, then it is not a Halloween story: let Santa save the fluffies!

Yeah, but if I do that I create a tie between Story 3 and Story 8.  Besides, I only almost wish I'd done that.  Seven was, just barely, a slightly better story.

Rilbur,

I think Hunter was encouraging a tie, for some strange reason he likes the idea of a tie. My extremely competitive nature abhors the idea of a tie, its just so unnatural. "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

Hello Rilbur and Ken,

No that wasn't the reason why I told Rilbur he can change his vote.  He pointed out he "almost wished" he had voted differently and it came across as if he didn't realize he could change his vote so I just pointed out he can change his vote if he wanted.  Would I be interested in seeing a tie, sure, I think that would be kind of cool.  It would give those who aren't forum members a chance to maybe read more than just one story, lol.  I understand the reward was that forum members get to read all ten stories with the reward to the winner that his/her's would be posted to everyone, but having one or two more posted as a reward for everyone isn't all that bad either.  The forum members still got to read all ten.  However, having said this, If there is one winner it won't break my heart either and that would be cool as well.  The idea that "there can be only one" isn't necessarily always the case, lol, and sometimes it is nice to have more than simply one winner.  Of course I think competition is good and has it's place, but everything doesn't have to be about competition all the time, lol.  I do understand though why it is wanted for there to be only one winner in this case, but let's face it with this being such a tight race has made it more interesting and exciting.  I mean for us to have twenty nine votes casted already and that we have a tight race going seems to show me that we have a great group of people who have written such fantastic stories for us.  For me the vote being so close is a more important indicator for me in regards to showing us all that overall people truly enjoyed all the stories.  This is what is the most exciting thing, that readers enjoyed the stories overall indicating the authors did a fantastic job with this event.

oh, i agree.  this is the time when mother nature and father time slip off to do their thing, leaving the rest of reality going "wait, whut?!"  come to the dark side.  delve into the shadow so you can have a healthy respect for the safety, the security, the boring purity of the light.

BWAhahahahahahahahhahahhaaahhh!

Oh, did i type that out loud, so very sorry, I hate when he gets control like that.  *turns and looks at no one*  "Back in your cage, monster!"