Kandric Saga

Zach Caldwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I adopted kids, no real babies for me. I had to deal with babysitting since I am 13 years older than my brother. A kid isn't a kid until he or she can talk and tell you what hurts, when hunger hits, and can at least warn you before the bathroom is a problem.

Sounds like me.  I feel that young kids are great as long as they go home at night.  It was hard enough dealing with my 2 kids until they were old enough to leave home.  Granted, I wouldn't change a thing, but still.....

I like this "little baby" of your's, Kyle.  I bet I have read it at least 8 times, if not more.  I average re-reading it from start to latest chapter at least twice a year, if not more often.  And I always start from the beginning when you release a new chapter, just so I don't lose anything as far as continuity.

Roger

Gee Roger, that is a whole lot of reading! You ought to see me pull out what hair I have left every time I start laying the outline for the next chapter... there is about 2 to 3 weeks of hard work before I can even get moving in the direction I need it to go at this point!

If you need help with continuity, just give me a holler.  

You know, I don't think a lot of people realize that in the actual timeline, this whole story has actually only had maybe 2 weeks pass from the time Kandrick first got beat up in the alley in Slome till where it currently is, with Kandrick and his close companions in the area around Rolling Dale.  And to think I started reading this the first time back in '04 or so.  Hopefully everyone else also appreciates the amount of time and effort that has been put in to create this Universe.  :-)

Roger

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, I don't think a lot of people realize that in the actual timeline, this whole story has actually only had maybe 2 weeks pass from the time Kandrick first got beat up in the alley in Slome till where it currently is, with Kandrick and his close companions in the area around Rolling Dale.  And to think I started reading this the first time back in '04 or so.  Hopefully everyone else also appreciates the amount of time and effort that has been put in to create this Universe.  :-)

Roger

Yeah, it's really jarring at times when you reread the earlier chapters.  You go from Kandric punching dragons in the face like it was nothing, to Kandric being held down by a couple of apprentice Swordsmen.  I do feel that the power-up he got from killing Blathamort was too much from a story-telling point of view.  The only thing that can make him sweat at this point are ancient great dragons and deities.  That's a problem when most of his companions can't even take on a single dragonling without getting hurt...

Edited by Zergrinch

Or perhaps, on a certain level, that's the point.

Read the Dresden Files -- Harry Dresden is an incredible powerhouse of power, and he's (constantly) forced to use it to protect others weaker than him -- or forced to let them help him, because he's taking on something he simply can't take solo.

You can make a great story out of that kind of imbalance.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am new here. I happened to stumble upon this amazing story recently on http://www.gayauthors.org/story/kyle-aarons/thekandricsaga just a few days ago. Finally finished reading all 30 chapters yesterday. However, a quick search online revealed that this story is hosted on many different websites at different stages and some chapters are slightly different too. Is there by chance a full complete story or is it a work-in-progress with some editing done on earlier chapters simultaneously?

In any case this is by far one of the best stories I have read so far. It is the equivalent of reading the kind of saga Eragon and Lord of the rings are, only more complex. I love the way so many characters can be blended into this story.

As for Kandric killing the dragon, I felt that it we will have to wait and see if the story goes towards a different direction. Kendric appears to be on the road to becoming a God. I suspect killing a dragon will soon be nothing when he has to face the god who kidnapped his siblings. Think battling against a god or at the very least high ranking powerful spirits. It has also been hinted that the Gods want him to join their ranks to overthrow the mythlings. Gosh this story is at best probably one third done. There seems to be able to expect for 3 main wars - mortal, kendric vs god and gods vs mythlings and to think the mortal war is still not over yet. This is definitely gonna be one heck of a roller coaster ride.  

If I am not mistaken, the "Kandric Saga" is being re-proofed before being posted on Castle Roland.  Hence, the versions here are the most recent.

I'm not sure which is "older" - Wolf's Nest or Gay Authors.

In any case, welcome to Castle Roland!  Hopefully, we should be getting Chapter 32 soon, since it's almost that time of year for Kyle to continue the saga!

If I am not mistaken, the "Kandric Saga" is being re-proofed before being posted on Castle Roland.  Hence, the versions here are the most recent.

I'm not sure which is "older" - Wolf's Nest or Gay Authors.

In any case, welcome to Castle Roland!  Hopefully, we should be getting Chapter 32 soon, since it's almost that time of year for Kyle to continue the saga!

Chapter 32? Does that mean there is already a chapter 31? Would appreciate it if you could post the link to chapter 31.

• 3 weeks later...

I am re-reading the Kandric Saga, and have just finished Chapter 27. Near the end of this chapter, Aster's party rescues a victim who provided them with information of Gambra's whereabouts.

The boy shook his head, “Not me… the Prince.”

“The Prince?” Aster asked as he felt some alarm bells going off inside his head.

The boy nodded, “The man… the one who took me, plus the one who did this to me… A small woman came in… she took over…” The boy took a couple of deep breaths. “She said they needed to find where Prince Zoldon is.”

“Zoldon?” Aster glanced around. “Zoldon is a slave, not a Prince.”

Sardan cocked his head sharply to the side as he used a talon to scratch at the feathers on his head. “I hate to say this, Aster, but there was a Prince Zoldon. He was the twin of Prince Klandon…”

“Klandon was the other name Zoldon gave us!” Pocet shouted.

My interest is piqued on Pocet's reaction. As far as I recall, I don't remember "Zoldon" ever telling them about the name "Klandon". The most likely place for this is when he first remembers his name, in Chapter 12:

The boy swallowed very hard, "Zoldon."

"Your name is Zoldon?"

"I do not think so Master."

Aster shook his head in confusion; "You don't think so? Explain please."

"I cannot Master."

Aster could feel himself becoming aggravated. The last thing he wanted was to scare the boy any more but he had to get some kind of information.

Olinday saw Aster's deepening frown as he secured the last of the tie downs. "Master may I ask a few questions?"

Aster nodded, "Just be nice about how you ask them."

"Oh, I will. I am a slave just like he is."

Aster glanced at the boy in his arms; "I want you to answer his questions, understood?"

"Yes Master." The boy answered miserably.

"Go ahead and ask Olinday."

Olinday knelt, "Who do you belong to now?"

"Him." The boy pointed at Aster.

"OK, so you have new rules to learn, just like I do. I had to select a name because my new master required me to do so. I have to learn other things as well, like how to set up a traveling forge and pack it up when he is done.

"Part of our duty to our master is to obey. Our new master is very fair and nice so it is easy for me to do what he wants. The same should true for you. He has not beaten you; he has not demanded anything at all until now. He wants to know about you and you should answer him because he owns you, right?"

The boy shuddered but nodded

"So let's start out with your name. How come you are not sure if your name is Zoldon?"

The boy nervously rubbed his wrists before finally deciding to speak. "I do not know why, but I do not think my name is Zoldon. All I can remember is being hit over and over until I said the words ‘My name is Zoldon'. It was the only thing I was allowed to say. Sometimes I had to do it ten or more times a day."

Olinday didn't look nearly as bothered by this as Aster did. "Your old master wanted you to have the name Zoldon. He owned you so it was his right. Now you have a new owner who can pick your name, let you select one, or keep your name as Zoldon. It is up to him."

Aster interrupted, "For now we will call you Zoldon."

The boy cringed, "Then my name is Zoldon Master."

So, my question. Is there any other place where this happened and I missed it, or was this a (very understandable) oversight?

Edited by Zergrinch

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new around here (well I have read a lot but never take time to register in the forum) and before I offense someone with my grammar I will let know that I'm french and well it's easier to read than to write...

If I'm remember correctly it's the prince who reveal that piece of information to Glaster and since all watch member are linked by the watch pin it's possible that Lannet send that information to Aster