RU X CSU

Anjobranco

This topic probably is going to make some people mad, angry and piss off whit me, but , it is some thing that is bugging me for some time now and for my own sanity i have to make.

I am CSU reader and when some authors left it, it hurt it was and betrayal, some of the stories that i loved more in there just get unfinished forever.

And what hurt more it was the fact you never care to explain real explain to the readers why.

I did start reading some RU stories but the hurt was to much and i stopped and vow to myself never read any of them.

To me to give them another change a need some real and true answers.

Why you left CSU?
Are those stories true death and left unfinished forever?

This is going to piss off some authors, i am not a writer but if a ever created an story universe i would impose some rules on the authors.

1 Ownership of the story is shared between the Story Universe and the author.
2 If the author chose to left the Story Universe they abdicate all ownership of the said story, and another author will be chose to continue it so no story will be left unfinished.

I know some people will disagree whit this but that is something that i strongly believe.

Anjo I cannot answer your questions. I never wrote in the CSU and was asked to join the Revolutions Group well after it started. I had read some of the CSU stories but was not an avid fan at the time of the split. But with that in mind there are always two sides to every situation and these things tend to happen when visions change and adapt. The RU has changed drastically since its first inception with some of the original writer's no longer writing, for various reasons. I am replying to this to ask you to give the RU another chance. Many of us writing in the RU where not part of the CSU and while I understand there is some character carryover the over all theme is completely different. The Writing Process in the RU has been one of the most fascinating and rewarding processes I have ever experienced. The ability to work with a cadre of extremely talented authors and editors has taught me many things. It hurts to hear someone refuses to read the stories based on some issue in the past most of the writers today were not a part of. So with that said please give us a chance.

Ken B

Anjo, do not allow what happened in the CSU to persuade you to not read the RU stories. I do not know all the facts of what has happened in the CSU. Like I have read a number of stories from the CSU. As a reader I left the CSU, not because of the authors leaving, but because to me the stories were getting a bit out of hand.

It was my impression that some of the authors left or stopped writing altogether because the creators of the CSU were dictating what the authors could or could not do within their own story. I do not know how true that is, but that is the rumor I have heard. If true I can understand why some authors would have left.

Now speaking for the RU, as a Staff member I can better address this side of things.

In the RU, the universe creator, lays out a basic universe and all the authors work within the confines of the universe. Each author is free to write his or her story as they see fit. Any story elements that impact the universe as a whole is discussed between the authors and the universe creator, so as to keep the authors from tripping over each other.

The authors in the RU know that if they stop writing, their story is either brought to a close and it goes no further, or it is turned over to another author to continue the story.

Please do not judge the RU by CSU standards. Some of the CSU authors are now here in the RU. So you can be sure that you are going to get the same writing quality from the authors. I do hope that you give the authors in the RU a chance to again capture your mind and heart.

This topic probably is going to make some people mad, angry and piss off whit me, but , it is some thing that is bugging me for some time now and for my own sanity i have to make.

I am CSU reader and when some authors left it, it hurt it was and betrayal, some of the stories that i loved more in there just get unfinished forever.

And what hurt more it was the fact you never care to explain real explain to the readers why.

I did start reading some RU stories but the hurt was to much and i stopped and vow to myself never read any of them.

To me to give them another change a need some real and true answers.

Why you left CSU?
Are those stories true death and left unfinished forever?

This is going to piss off some authors, i am not a writer but if a ever created an story universe i would impose some rules on the authors.

1 Ownership of the story is shared between the Story Universe and the author.
2 If the author chose to left the Story Universe they abdicate all ownership of the said story, and another author will be chose to continue it so no story will be left unfinished.

I know some people will disagree whit this but that is something that i strongly believe.

Hey there!

Just so you know, that actually is the way it works.  the copywrite of a story is shared between the Universe Creator and the Author.  If the Author chooses to leave, the Universe Creator has the option to continue the story in what ever way they see fit. 

When Darkstar left the RU, i took his characters into my own story to make sure that they were still part of the Universe.  Since they were central to the Universe, i had little other option, other than appointing a different author.  Had the characters not been central to the Universe, i probably would have left it unfinished, since to take over another authors work is, in my mind, something that can never be done right.  Those characters were written by someone else, and no one, no matter how good they are, can capture the same depth and emotion that the authors originating author can.  they can come close, and perhaps even do the characters justice, but frankly, in my opinion, to pick up another's story is just not something that should be done, except in the most needed of circumstances.

Now, as to your other statements, about why some of us left the CSU, and never giving a real explanation.  The reason for that is simple.  None of us feel that we need to air personal differences to the general public.  I know that is probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is the way it is going to be.  There were some personal differences of opinion that led some of us to believe that it was best to part company.  I am still friends with all the CSU authors, but, and i will only speak for myself, leaving the CSU has the hardest decision i have ever had to make. 

I am sorry if our leaving the CSU, or my lack of explanation, is keeping you from reading the RU.  But i think you are missing something really special. 

Now, as to your other statements, about why some of us left the CSU, and never giving a real explanation.  The reason for that is simple.  None of us feel that we need to air personal differences to the general public.  I know that is probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is the way it is going to be.  There were some personal differences of opinion that led some of us to believe that it was best to part company.  I am still friends with all the CSU authors, but, and i will only speak for myself, leaving the CSU has the hardest decision i have ever had to make. 

To me that is enough answer, and one you should have given back them, something like a post saying "Do to personal differences we are living the CSU." 

Nobody needs to know more.

I do understand your point of view and i hope you understand mine also. 

It is very disappointing to read and follow an story for years whit greater expectations on the next chapter, to find suddenly that the story is death and you will never know the ending of it

To me that is enough answer, and one you should have given back them, something like a post saying "Do to personal differences we are living the CSU." 

I'm pretty sure that much did get put out.  Pretty much all that was put out, but it was put out.

It is very disappointing to read and follow an story for years whit greater expectations on the next chapter, to find suddenly that the story is death and you will never know the ending of it

It was just as devastating for the authors, as I'm sure they'll attest.