Green Lizards

JP Caballero

• 9 months later...

This is another of my Art West favourites, and I come back to it from time to time.  I'm a sucker for the premise, and the author does a good job of keeping the circumstances more or less plausible.  At least enough for me to thoroughly enjoy the story!  There are too many kids for whom circumstances don't work nearly as well; a story like this warms the heart.  I love stories like this, where the adults step up to the plate and take care of the kids they come across.

Unfortunately, just after my exchange with Wizard, I was hospitalized once again. Since the beginning of December, when I had a lump of cancer removed from my left kidney, the kidney then made smaller and re-inserted into me, there have been at least three complications that required me to be re-hospitalized at least 4 times. I would just get started on a recovery and then have to spend time back in a hospital and start all over again to regain my balance, learning to live with a catheter (only temporary), and preparing for another procedure to reduce the size of my prostate gland sometime around the 13th of March. My goals now are to be in the best shape I can get into between now and then, with the help of my friends, and the great home care provided by Island Home Care, which provide in home therapy and nursing care. Thanks to those who have written to me during all this, and I do have three stories just waiting for me to get well enough to finish them. Thanks , Art